• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking beta readers for MG Fantasy, 80k, willing to swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaziki Sauce

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! I have a MG Fantasy, complete at 80k words, that is comparable to Percy Jackson + Asian mythology. I have revised and polished the shitaki out of it, so I am at the point where I need extra pairs of eyes. I am suspicious there might be something wrong with the characters or plot . . . or something else entirely. I would really appreciate any kind of feedback. I am willing to do a swap with you--and, if you want to get more serious, become your writing buddy so we can cheer each other along the way! My strength is in MG, but I can read YA too.

Here is the gist of the story:
3 kids travel through magical realms inspired by Asian mythology, with the goal of finding a powerful weapon that can help the gods fight against their eternal enemies, the demons. It is a popular genre in Asia known as Wuxia (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), which include magic and martial arts. Again, if you enjoy Percy Jackson, this should be up your alley. :)

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I write Upper MG Fantasy (adventure-themed) and read a large amount of Upper MG fantasy (Percy Jackson, Five Kingdoms, Fablehaven, etc.). I'd definitely be willing to take a look. Fair warning though 80k is A LOT for MG fantasy. They tend to usually fall between 45k-75k. Have you taken a weed cutter to this already?

Zaziki Sauce

Registered
Reaction score
Hi playground, I have already taken the weed cutter, but I am willing to rev the engine again if need be. I tried sending you a PM, but it says your inbox is full. Is there an email I can send you instead?

BonafideDreamer

Registered
Reaction score
I love Percy Jackson! And your story seems interesting. If you're still looking for beta readers, I am willing to do a swap. :)

CharlesXav

Registered
Reaction score
Your story seems interesting - I am willing to do a swap if you are still looking for readers. I have 104k YA Fantasy novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.