PDA

View Full Version : Seeking beta readers for MG Fantasy, 80k, willing to swap

Zaziki Sauce
03-07-2018, 07:58 AM
Hello, everyone! I have a MG Fantasy, complete at 80k words, that is comparable to Percy Jackson + Asian mythology. I have revised and polished the shitaki out of it, so I am at the point where I need extra pairs of eyes. I am suspicious there might be something wrong with the characters or plot . . . or something else entirely. I would really appreciate any kind of feedback. I am willing to do a swap with you--and, if you want to get more serious, become your writing buddy so we can cheer each other along the way! My strength is in MG, but I can read YA too.

Here is the gist of the story:
3 kids travel through magical realms inspired by Asian mythology, with the goal of finding a powerful weapon that can help the gods fight against their eternal enemies, the demons. It is a popular genre in Asia known as Wuxia (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), which include magic and martial arts. Again, if you enjoy Percy Jackson, this should be up your alley. :)

playground
03-11-2018, 07:50 PM
I write Upper MG Fantasy (adventure-themed) and read a large amount of Upper MG fantasy (Percy Jackson, Five Kingdoms, Fablehaven, etc.). I'd definitely be willing to take a look. Fair warning though 80k is A LOT for MG fantasy. They tend to usually fall between 45k-75k. Have you taken a weed cutter to this already?

Zaziki Sauce
03-12-2018, 08:29 AM
Hi playground, I have already taken the weed cutter, but I am willing to rev the engine again if need be. I tried sending you a PM, but it says your inbox is full. Is there an email I can send you instead?

jcroc
03-15-2018, 11:01 AM
Happy to have a read :)

Zaziki Sauce
03-16-2018, 05:00 AM
Hi jcroc! I left you a PM. :)

BonafideDreamer
03-20-2018, 08:36 PM
I love Percy Jackson! And your story seems interesting. If you're still looking for beta readers, I am willing to do a swap. :)

CharlesXav
03-26-2018, 10:28 PM
Your story seems interesting - I am willing to do a swap if you are still looking for readers. I have 104k YA Fantasy novel.