Grey's Anatomy

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone watch it? What did you think of the season finale?

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
I actually just started watching it within the last two or three episodes . . . my timing is great, isn't it? LOL I find it interesting how hard they work to get all the medical terminology, procedures and advice accurate before airing. I saw a 20/20 or Dateline or something about it recently . . .

pixiejuice

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lauraraeamos.com
I adore Grey's Anatomy! I thought there were way too many commercials. But really, it was good. I was upset that they killed Denny (he was such a good guy), but I guess I kind of saw it coming. And I was kind of put off by Christina's weirdness with Burke. Not that she shouldn't have issues, but I just don't think that part was acted/written as well as it usually is. And McDreamy's longing gazes are starting to get on my nerves. But overall I liked it, and I'll be anxiously waiting for the next season :)

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
McDreamy drove me crazy during the last 2 episodes. He needs to just leave her alone. It was sad about Denny, it seems like they're trying to set something up with Alex and and Izzy again.

I was a little dissapointed with the "cliff-hanger" ending.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Can I just say that I've adored this show since it first aired? :hooray: I get my Patrick Dempsey fix once a week!!!

I thought that Cristina was right in character last night. The theme of the show was the fight or flight instinct. And as strong a person as she is, when it came to that moment where she had to be strong for Burke (for someone who always knows what to do), she froze. She fled. I never imagined her as the "flight" person, but that's what makes her so interesting.

And as much as I loved Denny, I can't help but see this as some sort of penance for Izzie. She's been acting like a total lunatic for the last four or five episodes. While I liked the whole "I cut the L-VAT wire" scene in the Chief's office, what she did was wrong. Period. Izzie has come a long way from the bubbly, blonde "Let's all be friends" girl she was in the pilot.

How much do I love Alex? The truthteller. No matter all the dumb*ss things he does, or the stuff he spews from his mouth, in the end he always does what's right. He got through to Izzie when the others were powerless to help. :LilLove:

George and Kallie. Still not sure what I think about her, but I'm so glad George and Meredith finally had that talk. Where HE finally said he was sorry. Now maybe we can lay that unfortunate plot twist to rest.

Addison needs a big old hug. I think she knows that her marriage is basically over, she just doesn't want to say it. Or to hear Derek say it.

Poor Doc! :cry:

Let's see....the Prom thing was funny and sweet, but was anyone else a little confused? I mean, Camille passed out during intercourse, right? Don't people usually save that moment for *after* they've gone to the prom? Go, dance, drink the spiked punch, then go off to the hotel? So either she got two Proms for the price of one (which the poor girl deserved, I think), or she got busy before she even hit the dance. :Shrug:

Meredith had her McDreamy!!!:snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy:

And wow, what a scene!!! Although I spent half of it wondering who was giong to walk in on them mid-coitus. Kinda glad they didn't get interrupted, though. "Meredith, what does this mean?" And no answer for him. ::sigh::

My advice for Meredith next season: Let Finn take you home. Give him a little good night kiss, lock the door, and then tend to poor Izzie. Think of your friend right now!

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've tried, but I just can't get with this show. on one hand, I see the appeal, & I'm not knocking people for liking it, but I just can't get on board. There's only so much pseudo-milquetoast, suddenly ferocious angst I can take per hour...

mmmm....milky toast....

blisswriter

blissed beyond belief...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My 9-year-old daughter and I love the show. We didn't catch every episode but it's still a favorite.

The season finale made me cry. And it made me mad.

Poor Izzy. She risked it all and look at what she got. :cry: I wish they had gotten married right before she cut the cord. Sigh...

I didn't like what Meredith and Derek did. I don't care much for Derek's wife but the vet seems to be a decent guy and he's gonna be hurt really bad by what they did. I could have slapped both of them.:rant:

The prom was cool. I didn't know Loretta Devine was the chief's wife. I love Loretta!:)

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sad that they killed Denny. That man's smile was to die for. Poor Izzy.

Meredith and McDreamy--ugh, those two need to let go(even though he is drop-dead yummaliscious with a cherry on top) Meredith needs to run off with the yummy vet. I really feel for Addison even though I didn't like her at first.

Poor Doc the dog. I was crying buckets over him being put to sleep as I just found out that morning that one of my mother's dogs has cancer.

George and Callie--She's so huge next to him and it looks weird(not fat, just big boned and tall)

Alex scooping up Izzy and comforting her was so sweet, and unusually kind for him.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a die-hard fan of the show, but I have been watching on and off this season. The worst part for me was Doc being put to sleep. Poor Doc.

I'm not sure what I think of Callie. She seems bipolar, or something.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I agree about Callie--she seems overly needy or something.

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
Next season, ABC is running Grey's Anatomy opposite CSI.

Good luck, ABC

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I love Grey's Anatomy!! I loved the finale...I seriously thought I was going to have a stroke when Izzie cut Denny's line. What the hell was she thinking? She was totally having a break down! I wonder what's going to happen with her now?

The cliffhanger ending...I loved it and hated it. I like Addison and wish Derek would sh!t or get off the pot. Make up your freakin' mind. I would love to see him leave Addison for Meredith and then Meredith pick the vet. Who's hotter? Patrick Dempsey or Chris O'Donnell? Wow, who cares? I'd take either one! lol

hitchhiker

Human Torpedo
Registered
Reaction score
I admit to the guilty pleasure of watching it and Desparate Housewives before it too. It's just been part of our Sunday night for two years now.
A few points (opinions) Merideth/Mcdreamy issue can't go on for year three. It's time to settle it one way or another. Christina's non-focus on Burke seemed to bother some on here, but I thought it fit perfectly with her character. She's about the work. I thought the fear about Burke (possibly)losing his ability to operate was testing Christina.Was she attracted (in love) with the man or the great surgeon.I think the end indicated she was choosing the man. George and the big girl are funny. He's my favorite character, along with the Nazi.

Best show on television for me is Boston Legal, any Law and Order then Scrubs and Two and a Half Men. And none of those are really great. There's just no much good network programs anymore.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
Pthom said:
Next season, ABC is running Grey's Anatomy opposite CSI.

Good luck, ABC
No way! Which CSI? The original? That's the only one I watch--cannot stand Caruso. He only knows one stance and one expression--double dweeb.

I love Grey's. If it's against the original CSI, not good. I dunno, there wasn't much of a cliffhanger.

The saddest part was when they put Doc down. Positively awful :cry:

And Izzi needs to get a serious grip, across the board.

pconsidine

Too Adorkable for Words
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pjcopy.com
I thought the were moving this to Mondays, which is why the finished up the season finale there (unless the CSI in question is CSI:Miami, which is on Mondays). I will say this - considering that I find the entire Monday night lineup complete crap across the board, I'll have a hard time staying up for Grey's come this fall.

As far as the topic at hand -

The whole Denny-Izzy relationship bugged the crap out of me from the start. I mean, of all the most idiotic things an intern can do, falling in love with a near-terminal patient? I know they kept making a big point about "you can't help who you fall for" but that's crap. And the fact that they killed him in such a hiccup fashion in the last 3 minutes of the show seemed to say to me that they just didn't want to carry it over into next season but couldn't think of anything more original to end it.

And both Dr. Sheppards need a good smack. Mister "I'm trying to save my marriage, but let's screw anyway" especially. And what was that at the end where he actually thinks he has a right to ask her to ditch the vet and go with him? Seriously?!

The only decent characters still working are Christina and Burke, and George and Callie. Sure, Callie's a bit of a brute at times, but I think she makes a great other half for George. She is kinda forcing him to be a little more of a man than he has been previously. I can almost see him squaring off with Alex again at some point in the future and maybe even coming out on top.

For what it's worth, there had been hints about one of the interns leaving the surgical program about a month or two ago, but the showrunners were pretty clear in saying that leaving the surgical program doesn't mean leaving the hospital, so we'll see.

Of course, I'm probably not the target market for this show anyway. My wife was all in tears.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
pconsidine said:
I thought the were moving this to Mondays, which is why the finished up the season finale there (unless the CSI in question is CSI:Miami, which is on Mondays).

I heard the same thing, but it turns out that it's actually moving to Thursday's at 9pm, where it will compete with the original CSI and Aaron Sorkin's new drama Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/270419_tv17.html

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
chaostitan said:
I heard the same thing, but it turns out that it's actually moving to Thursday's at 9pm, where it will compete with the original CSI and Aaron Sorkin's new drama Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.
I have TiVo, so I never watch when it's actually on. I spend my evening time hanging out with the husband and friends, then watch it during the day when I should be writing. (actually, I watch TV while I'm eating breakfast and having my morning coffee.) The only show I actually watch when it's on is Bones because I can't wait until the next day to see it.

Cat Scratch

The Peacock Next Door
Registered
Reaction score
If Grey's moves to Monday I will have to break up with it, because that is Wentworth Miller night. (Anyone who gets my reference is my BFF.)