PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy

Sarita
05-16-2006, 05:58 PM
Does anyone watch it? What did you think of the season finale?

Celia Cyanide
05-16-2006, 06:00 PM
I have only seen in once, but I went to high school with George. :)

jenngreenleaf
05-16-2006, 06:10 PM
I actually just started watching it within the last two or three episodes . . . my timing is great, isn't it? LOL I find it interesting how hard they work to get all the medical terminology, procedures and advice accurate before airing. I saw a 20/20 or Dateline or something about it recently . . .

Shadow_Ferret
05-16-2006, 06:51 PM
I read the book.

pixiejuice
05-16-2006, 07:04 PM
I adore Grey's Anatomy! I thought there were way too many commercials. But really, it was good. I was upset that they killed Denny (he was such a good guy), but I guess I kind of saw it coming. And I was kind of put off by Christina's weirdness with Burke. Not that she shouldn't have issues, but I just don't think that part was acted/written as well as it usually is. And McDreamy's longing gazes are starting to get on my nerves. But overall I liked it, and I'll be anxiously waiting for the next season :)

Sarita
05-16-2006, 07:24 PM
McDreamy drove me crazy during the last 2 episodes. He needs to just leave her alone. It was sad about Denny, it seems like they're trying to set something up with Alex and and Izzy again.

I was a little dissapointed with the "cliff-hanger" ending.

ChaosTitan
05-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Can I just say that I've adored this show since it first aired? :hooray: I get my Patrick Dempsey fix once a week!!!

I thought that Cristina was right in character last night. The theme of the show was the fight or flight instinct. And as strong a person as she is, when it came to that moment where she had to be strong for Burke (for someone who always knows what to do), she froze. She fled. I never imagined her as the "flight" person, but that's what makes her so interesting.

And as much as I loved Denny, I can't help but see this as some sort of penance for Izzie. She's been acting like a total lunatic for the last four or five episodes. While I liked the whole "I cut the L-VAT wire" scene in the Chief's office, what she did was wrong. Period. Izzie has come a long way from the bubbly, blonde "Let's all be friends" girl she was in the pilot.

How much do I love Alex? The truthteller. No matter all the dumb*ss things he does, or the stuff he spews from his mouth, in the end he always does what's right. He got through to Izzie when the others were powerless to help. :LilLove:

George and Kallie. Still not sure what I think about her, but I'm so glad George and Meredith finally had that talk. Where HE finally said he was sorry. Now maybe we can lay that unfortunate plot twist to rest.

Addison needs a big old hug. I think she knows that her marriage is basically over, she just doesn't want to say it. Or to hear Derek say it.

Poor Doc! :cry:

Let's see....the Prom thing was funny and sweet, but was anyone else a little confused? I mean, Camille passed out during intercourse, right? Don't people usually save that moment for *after* they've gone to the prom? Go, dance, drink the spiked punch, then go off to the hotel? So either she got two Proms for the price of one (which the poor girl deserved, I think), or she got busy before she even hit the dance. :Shrug:

Meredith had her McDreamy!!!:snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy:

And wow, what a scene!!! Although I spent half of it wondering who was giong to walk in on them mid-coitus. Kinda glad they didn't get interrupted, though. "Meredith, what does this mean?" And no answer for him. ::sigh::

My advice for Meredith next season: Let Finn take you home. Give him a little good night kiss, lock the door, and then tend to poor Izzie. Think of your friend right now!

Jcomp
05-16-2006, 08:11 PM
I've tried, but I just can't get with this show. on one hand, I see the appeal, & I'm not knocking people for liking it, but I just can't get on board. There's only so much pseudo-milquetoast, suddenly ferocious angst I can take per hour...

mmmm....milky toast....

blisswriter
05-18-2006, 01:51 AM
My 9-year-old daughter and I love the show. We didn't catch every episode but it's still a favorite.

The season finale made me cry. And it made me mad.

Poor Izzy. She risked it all and look at what she got. :cry: I wish they had gotten married right before she cut the cord. Sigh...

I didn't like what Meredith and Derek did. I don't care much for Derek's wife but the vet seems to be a decent guy and he's gonna be hurt really bad by what they did. I could have slapped both of them.:rant:

The prom was cool. I didn't know Loretta Devine was the chief's wife. I love Loretta!:)

Cat Scratch
05-18-2006, 01:53 AM
I watch this show and I may or may not have cried buckets during the entire two-hour finale.

aadams73
05-18-2006, 02:09 AM
I'm so sad that they killed Denny. That man's smile was to die for. Poor Izzy.

Meredith and McDreamy--ugh, those two need to let go(even though he is drop-dead yummaliscious with a cherry on top) Meredith needs to run off with the yummy vet. I really feel for Addison even though I didn't like her at first.

Poor Doc the dog. I was crying buckets over him being put to sleep as I just found out that morning that one of my mother's dogs has cancer.

George and Callie--She's so huge next to him and it looks weird(not fat, just big boned and tall)

Alex scooping up Izzy and comforting her was so sweet, and unusually kind for him.

Sarita
05-18-2006, 03:11 AM
I'm not a die-hard fan of the show, but I have been watching on and off this season. The worst part for me was Doc being put to sleep. Poor Doc.

I'm not sure what I think of Callie. She seems bipolar, or something.

aadams73
05-18-2006, 03:17 AM
I agree about Callie--she seems overly needy or something.

BottomlessCup
05-18-2006, 03:28 AM
Two hours of razor-sharp, intense drama and then....
they plan a prom?????

WTF

Pthom
05-18-2006, 03:30 AM
Next season, ABC is running Grey's Anatomy opposite CSI.

Good luck, ABC

kristie911
05-18-2006, 06:45 AM
I love Grey's Anatomy!! I loved the finale...I seriously thought I was going to have a stroke when Izzie cut Denny's line. What the hell was she thinking? She was totally having a break down! I wonder what's going to happen with her now?

The cliffhanger ending...I loved it and hated it. I like Addison and wish Derek would sh!t or get off the pot. Make up your freakin' mind. I would love to see him leave Addison for Meredith and then Meredith pick the vet. Who's hotter? Patrick Dempsey or Chris O'Donnell? Wow, who cares? I'd take either one! lol

SpookyWriter
05-18-2006, 07:40 AM
God bless!

blisswriter
05-18-2006, 06:33 PM
I would love to see him leave Addison for Meredith and then Meredith pick the vet.

Now that would be cool!

hitchhiker
05-18-2006, 08:07 PM
I admit to the guilty pleasure of watching it and Desparate Housewives before it too. It's just been part of our Sunday night for two years now.
A few points (opinions) Merideth/Mcdreamy issue can't go on for year three. It's time to settle it one way or another. Christina's non-focus on Burke seemed to bother some on here, but I thought it fit perfectly with her character. She's about the work. I thought the fear about Burke (possibly)losing his ability to operate was testing Christina.Was she attracted (in love) with the man or the great surgeon.I think the end indicated she was choosing the man. George and the big girl are funny. He's my favorite character, along with the Nazi.

Best show on television for me is Boston Legal, any Law and Order then Scrubs and Two and a Half Men. And none of those are really great. There's just no much good network programs anymore.

Jean Marie
05-18-2006, 08:24 PM
God bless!
:e2tongue:

Jean Marie
05-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Next season, ABC is running Grey's Anatomy opposite CSI.

Good luck, ABC
No way! Which CSI? The original? That's the only one I watch--cannot stand Caruso. He only knows one stance and one expression--double dweeb.

I love Grey's. If it's against the original CSI, not good. I dunno, there wasn't much of a cliffhanger.

The saddest part was when they put Doc down. Positively awful :cry:

And Izzi needs to get a serious grip, across the board.

pconsidine
05-18-2006, 08:59 PM
I thought the were moving this to Mondays, which is why the finished up the season finale there (unless the CSI in question is CSI:Miami, which is on Mondays). I will say this - considering that I find the entire Monday night lineup complete crap across the board, I'll have a hard time staying up for Grey's come this fall.

As far as the topic at hand -

The whole Denny-Izzy relationship bugged the crap out of me from the start. I mean, of all the most idiotic things an intern can do, falling in love with a near-terminal patient? I know they kept making a big point about "you can't help who you fall for" but that's crap. And the fact that they killed him in such a hiccup fashion in the last 3 minutes of the show seemed to say to me that they just didn't want to carry it over into next season but couldn't think of anything more original to end it.

And both Dr. Sheppards need a good smack. Mister "I'm trying to save my marriage, but let's screw anyway" especially. And what was that at the end where he actually thinks he has a right to ask her to ditch the vet and go with him? Seriously?!

The only decent characters still working are Christina and Burke, and George and Callie. Sure, Callie's a bit of a brute at times, but I think she makes a great other half for George. She is kinda forcing him to be a little more of a man than he has been previously. I can almost see him squaring off with Alex again at some point in the future and maybe even coming out on top.

For what it's worth, there had been hints about one of the interns leaving the surgical program about a month or two ago, but the showrunners were pretty clear in saying that leaving the surgical program doesn't mean leaving the hospital, so we'll see.

Of course, I'm probably not the target market for this show anyway. My wife was all in tears.

ChaosTitan
05-19-2006, 12:01 AM
I thought the were moving this to Mondays, which is why the finished up the season finale there (unless the CSI in question is CSI:Miami, which is on Mondays).

I heard the same thing, but it turns out that it's actually moving to Thursday's at 9pm, where it will compete with the original CSI and Aaron Sorkin's new drama Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/270419_tv17.html

Sarita
05-19-2006, 12:14 AM
I heard the same thing, but it turns out that it's actually moving to Thursday's at 9pm, where it will compete with the original CSI and Aaron Sorkin's new drama Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. I have TiVo, so I never watch when it's actually on. I spend my evening time hanging out with the husband and friends, then watch it during the day when I should be writing. (actually, I watch TV while I'm eating breakfast and having my morning coffee.) The only show I actually watch when it's on is Bones because I can't wait until the next day to see it.

Cat Scratch
05-19-2006, 12:41 AM
If Grey's moves to Monday I will have to break up with it, because that is Wentworth Miller night. (Anyone who gets my reference is my BFF.)

pconsidine
05-19-2006, 12:46 AM
Totally got you, scratch.

Frankly, I'm glad Grey's is going to Thursday. That night's been a wasteland ever since Friends went off the air (and for a few seasons before that, if you want to be truly critical).

Cat Scratch
05-19-2006, 12:48 AM
Pconsidine, you are my soul mate.

I totally agree with you about the void on Thursday nights. Though I have DVR and watch stuff whenever I want, usually. But it would be nice to see Grey's there to space out my DVR recordings.

Um, I think I might watch too much TV. (Though I do data entry from home and watch while I work, which helps me justify my habit.)

BottomlessCup
05-19-2006, 02:40 AM
Totally got you, scratch.

Frankly, I'm glad Grey's is going to Thursday. That night's been a wasteland ever since Friends went off the air (and for a few seasons before that, if you want to be truly critical).

Pcon. The Office is on Thursday. Shame on you.

pconsidine
05-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Hate The Office. Hated the Brit version. Hate the US version even more. It's like Dilbert - The Series, only with paper salesmen instead of software engineers.

Maybe I've worked for too many Michaels to be able to laugh at them.

Cat Scratch
05-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Yikes, how could I forget The Office? I think I have enough distance from my Michaels to now find them funny.

kristie911
05-20-2006, 02:43 AM
Thank goodness for DVR...Thursday's are busy TV nights for me. Survivor (when it's on...), CSI, ER, My Name is Earl and the Office. And now Grey's Anatomy!! Yikes. My DVR's gonna be smokin'!

I might have a slight TV addiction...

KellyC
05-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the Grey's Anatomy fix!! I've been without TV ever since the landscapers uprooted our antennae. No Desperate HOusewives, no Grey's Anatomy, no Survivor (for heaven's sake). I've been in an electronic hole for three weeks. No big global news lately, was there?

I would love to see Meredith and Mc Dreamy together and can't believe I missed their "reunion", but he is being an *** if he hasn't called it quits with his wife. I didn't like her to begin with, but now I like her a lot. She's very vulnerable, and that's not how she comes off.

pconsidine
05-22-2006, 05:28 PM
That is one thing that the writers have managed to do well - where before we would have been totally on Meredith's side and wish only for her and what's-his-name to be together, they've managed to introduce an element of doubt as to who should wind up with whom.

Still hate the guy, though.

ChaosTitan
09-29-2006, 08:24 PM
BUMP!

So we're two episodes into the new season. What are we thinking?

All I know so far is that I want a screencap of Eric Dane wearing a towel at the end of last night's ep. :: drools ::

aadams73
09-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Loving it! I'm really warming up to Callie and I wish George would hurry up and tell her he loves her.

Addison is much better off without McSleazy(although he is delicious)

And McVet...please, Meridith is a jerkweed if she doesn't choose him.

I really like Diahann Carroll as Preston's mother, although she sure has some mommy issues(shades of manchurian candidate)

ChaosTitan
09-29-2006, 08:58 PM
And McVet...please, Meridith is a jerkweed if she doesn't choose him.

Since she probably won't (or if she does, something happens because Chris's contract is for six eps), do you think the producers can Express Mail McVet to my house? :D I have two kitties that need looking after....

ChaosTitan
11-29-2006, 01:03 AM
Red Alert!

My VCR malfunctioned last week and didn't tape Grey's. Could some kind soul please PM me with a synopsis?

BottomlessCup
11-29-2006, 04:21 AM
Did somebody already PM you, chaos?

BTW, you can download the full episode from iTunes for $1.99. It takes a while, but it's pretty decent quality.

ChaosTitan
11-29-2006, 04:59 AM
Thanks for the PM, Cup. I may check out the iTunes thing. I always seem to miss the holiday eps. I missed the Christmas ep last year.

Stupid VCR.

southernwriter
05-14-2007, 04:06 PM
The whole Denny-Izzy relationship bugged the crap out of me from the start. I mean, of all the most idiotic things an intern can do, falling in love with a near-terminal patient? I know they kept making a big point about "you can't help who you fall for" but that's crap. And the fact that they killed him in such a hiccup fashion in the last 3 minutes of the show seemed to say to me that they just didn't want to carry it over into next season but couldn't think of anything more original to end it.

I feel exactly the opposite. Izzy is my favorite character, and I loved that relationship, although to be honest, I didn't see it until they killed him off. I only started watching it when it was about her grief. I saw it once before that. It was the episode where the girl and the man were impaled in a train wreck, and one would live and one would die. Lord, I cried like a baby.

I sure don't think Izzy belongs with George. I'd rather see her with Alex. He's my next favorite character.

ChaosTitan
05-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Oooh, the Grey's thread is back!

Okay, so was anyone else rolling their eyes during the last ten minutes of the most recent episode? Seriously? I usually love this show with a passion, but the last two episodes (Addison In L.A. excepted) had me yelling at the TV. And not in a good way.

Sarita
05-14-2007, 07:53 PM
I hated the whole LA thing. Honestly, I skipped past it since I DVR. I got the gist of it (Addison being barren and all) but I'm just not interesting in watching another show, so I ignored the spin off implications.

I know they have to make drama, but the only story line I'm liking right now is Christina and Burke. Everything else is way over the top for me, which stinks because I love Izzie!

zahra
05-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Well, I don't usually watch in England, but I always pick it up in the US. Now I'm mad cos I'm flying back to grey old UK tomorrow and I'm gonna miss the big wedding. Bollocks, basically.

The_Grand_Duchess
05-15-2007, 01:14 AM
I liked Addison in LA. I'd watch that show, it made me giggle.

I feel so bad for Miranda! Like can her life get any worse? But her man stood by her. That was sweet. As did her friends.

I just started watching this season and love the show. I totally want Alex to hook up with Ava. . . I forgot what her real name was.

DeborahM
05-15-2007, 01:18 AM
I read the book.

:ROFL: :roll: :ROFL:

pconsidine
05-15-2007, 01:50 AM
Man, I have had some serious issues with the last few episodes. But then, I've always had issues with the casual way a wedding vow can be treated on TV. "I know I'm married, and I know that friends would never sleep together in real life, but let's get drunk and screw anyway." And then the whole "let's keep it secret" thing? Just about the worst TV cliché ever.

On another note, though, I was fortunate enough to visit the set while I was in L.A. on vacation. I actually got to watch them film the episode where Izzy sees her daughter (and let me say, Katherine Heigl is as beautiful in person as she is on TV, and a damn good actress to boot). Anyway, here's a pic of the shwag I got. Everyone on set has one of those cups and the pad is made out of an old script from the episode before last year's season finale. I sure wish it was whole, dadgummit.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/198/498588653_2d88e05a3f_o.jpg

Edited to add: Yes, I am totally showing off. :)

Sarita
05-15-2007, 05:39 AM
I officially hate Pete.

pconsidine
05-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Then my work here is done.

katiemac
05-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Man, I have had some serious issues with the last few episodes. But then, I've always had issues with the casual way a wedding vow can be treated on TV. "I know I'm married, and I know that friends would never sleep together in real life, but let's get drunk and screw anyway." And then the whole "let's keep it secret" thing? Just about the worst TV cliché ever.

I'm pissed they took the only real, platonic male/female relationship and turned it into something sexual. And did they really need to go that route with George again? You'd think he'd learn sleeping with friends is really, really stupid.

Plus, I didn't think Izzie was over Denny yet. Considering this is their "first-year intern exam," these past three seasons have totaled 1 year. I don't think they're taking their timeline into consideration very well.

pconsidine
05-15-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one, katie. I mean, am I the only guy with really hot female friends who hasn't slept with them all?

Jeez, now I want to be an actor in the worst way.

Which is how I would be an actor. In the worst way.

kristie911
05-15-2007, 08:43 PM
I hate the Izzy/George storyline. I was really angry when the two of them slept together. I guess it's because I love George with Callie and was really glad when they got married. Now he's just f-ing up the whole thing.

I'm not sure how I feel about Addison's new show (It's going to be called Private Practice)...I liked it but I'm not sure I'm going to watch it. I was upset when she slept with Alex...I was kind of pulling for her and Mark Sloan.

I don't know...it seems like just when I'm starting to like a storyline they screw with it.

katiemac
05-20-2007, 02:18 AM
Boo. Did anyone else find that last scene with Cristina breaking down really, really awkward to watch? Not to knock her acting skills, but I think they let it go on way too long. We were all just sitting there staring at each other, instead of the TV. "Uhhhh...?"

The only parts of that finale I enjoyed were the scenes between Addison and Karev and Bailey and George. Was I too critical, or did the finale fall flat for others as well?

aadams73
05-20-2007, 03:19 AM
I found it rather...lacking, too. Plus I didn't care for the gal from the bar showing up as a new intern. That just felt way too contrived and predictable.

kristie911
05-20-2007, 03:52 AM
I wasn't very happy with the finale either. What happened to cliffhanger finales? That was just kind of lame. I liked that Christina broke down because it's like we finally got to see some life out of her (I love her but damn is she cold) but it was a bit much.

pconsidine
05-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Huh. I loved it for all those reasons. I thought Christina's reaction was perfect. It was uncomfortable seeing someone who was always presented as cold and heartless finally break down, but it struck me as more real than any alternative.

I also thought George's story was an interesting twist. I had heard some time ago that one of the interns would be leaving the intern program, though not necessarily the show, and I had always assumed it would be Izzy (I think I had heard that after Denny died). It will be interesting to see what becomes of that.

But I'm reserving judgment on Meredith's half-sister joining the show. I don't think that I'll like that dynamic, especially as she's already hit on Derek, but I'll give them a chance to surprise me.

ChaosTitan
05-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Okay, how many half-sisters does Meredith have? The sister she met is Molly, the one who had the baby. But the chick who introduced herself to George is "Lexie Grey" (I think).

Thatcher had two daughters with Susan? Did I miss that part?

katiemac
05-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Yes, Thatcher had two daughters. The youngest was married with a baby, the oldest in med school.

ChaosTitan
05-21-2007, 12:07 AM
Thanks! I'm a little less confused now.

(and feeling a bit silly for forgetting that tidbit of trivia)

katiemac
05-21-2007, 12:54 AM
No problem. Easily a forgettable piece of information. Although it's a little cliche, it may make for an interesting development next season. They hinted at it a little with Molly, but this second sister is literally Meredith's double -- she has exactly the life Meredith would have if her parents were happy (right up to Derrick hitting on her).

pconsidine
05-21-2007, 02:34 AM
Funny thing is the only reason I knew she was Meredith's half-sister was because there was a glimpse of her when Thatcher came to tell Meredith he didn't want her at the funeral. I kinda figured anyone else dressed in black would have to be family.

Go figger.

Serenity
05-21-2007, 04:16 AM
She was also the same person who 'hit' on Derek at the bar.

Sarita
05-21-2007, 05:46 AM
I thought the finale was flat. Compared to last year, I guess I don't know what I was expecting. Bailey not getting Chief Resident really surprised me. Seriously? Callie dated an intern. How steady and responsible is that? Now she's going to be pregnant...

kristie911
05-21-2007, 06:22 AM
Yeah, I didn't understand why Callie got the job over Miranda. And they never attempted to explain it. They showed the Chief talking to Addison, Mark and Derrick but never to Callie or Miranda. I thought that was kind of dumb...they should have showed him talking to all of them so we'd have some idea of why Callie got the job. It was like they weren't really sure how to explain why Callie would be the best Chief Resident so they didn't bother to try.

Not the best finish for the year I must say...

DeborahM
05-21-2007, 06:33 AM
I missed George's story because of a phone call and hung up when he sat down on the bench. I had seen Molly with Thatcher in the hospital in black so I knew who she was. Then I also missed Calli getting Chief Resident!

I understood Christina's breakdown, a little slow but good. What little bit I saw I wasn't that impressed, but was surprised when Burke talked with Christina.

katiemac
05-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Even though I despise "will they or won't they" wedding plots, I was okay with Burke breaking off the wedding. I always thought he was too harsh in the relationship, giving Cristina way too many ultimatums. What I didn't understand was why he had to leave -- they could easily stay in the relationship without pushing a wedding.

Serenity
05-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Okay, here's my theory on several things. I blame a lot of what happened with Derek/Meredith and the chief resident thing on the Chief. Not all of it, but a lot of it and his very poor reaction(s?) to his personal life and marriage going down the drain this season.

He as much as told Derek that he had to choose between being chief and Meredith, because he couldn't have both. I know he gave the excuse that he promised Ellis that he would take care of Meredith, but honestly I think it's because the chief couldn't make it work himself, imho. Granted the star duo have their own 'oh-good-grief' issues, but Derek really started to pull away from Meredith after that conversation. In a non-related chief aside, he said that she always ran from him, but he's done his fair share of the track-star impersonations too. And I'm not excusing all of Meredith's behavior, but her personal life is imploding too, with all the mommy and daddy issues. She really did not need to worry about Derek in the middle of all of that. He needed to be the one thing she assumed would be there no matter what.

As for the chief resident thing, he's been iffy about Miranda and her responsibilities ever since she had her baby. He as much as told her that she should be a mom first and a surgeon second (I can't remember the ep, but I think it was the one where Burke said the chief was 'mommy tracking' her.) He kept going on and on once upon a time about how she should be the one to take his job, but she just didn't have the experience needed yet. And I'm sorry, but the whole Callie in the running thing came out of left field for me.

And to the folks at Greys: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, do not try and cook something up between Derek and the half-sister. When I saw them talking at the bar that night, a la Derek and Meredith's first night, I wanted to scream. And you would think that before all of the step-mom dying drama that someone in her family would have seen fit to tell Meredith that little sis is interning there?

Okay, I think I'm done for now. :D

pconsidine
05-21-2007, 06:32 PM
What I didn't understand was why he had to leave -- they could easily stay in the relationship without pushing a wedding. You really think so? I mean, if one person is ready for marriage but doesn't believe that the other one is or will be, what exactly would be the point in staying? I'd say that's a pretty clear sign of incompatible life goals.

ChaosTitan
05-21-2007, 07:15 PM
And I'm not excusing all of Meredith's behavior, but her personal life is imploding too, with all the mommy and daddy issues. She really did not need to worry about Derek in the middle of all of that. He needed to be the one thing she assumed would be there no matter what.

The thing is, Derek was there for her. He was by her side every moment she would allow, from her "suicide attempt" in the river, through her mom's death, and up through Susan's funeral. He wanted to be there for her. She pushed him away. She fled to her friends, preferring their comfort over his.

Derek chose her over being Chief. He's committed. Meredith needs to get her crap together and realize what a perfect guy she's got dangling from a hook, or simply (as he requested) put him out of his misery.

katiemac
05-21-2007, 07:34 PM
You really think so? I mean, if one person is ready for marriage but doesn't believe that the other one is or will be, what exactly would be the point in staying? I'd say that's a pretty clear sign of incompatible life goals.

I guess I didn't see it that way. I thought she wanted to get married, just without the big wedding (she may have even said so in that last episode). I thought he was calling off the wedding because he realized it's not what she wanted, but then he went ahead and broke up with her completely. It just didn't make sense -- I guess it's still unclear whether or not she wanted to be married at all.

Serenity
05-22-2007, 02:53 AM
The thing is, Derek was there for her. He was by her side every moment she would allow, from her "suicide attempt" in the river, through her mom's death, and up through Susan's funeral. He wanted to be there for her. She pushed him away. She fled to her friends, preferring their comfort over his.

Derek chose her over being Chief. He's committed. Meredith needs to get her crap together and realize what a perfect guy she's got dangling from a hook, or simply (as he requested) put him out of his misery.

Yes, point conceeded. And like I said, it wasn't just one or the other. There were so many factors that contributed to the whole mess, Meredith's screwed up psyche is just one factor. I think the thing I had the problem with is one moment he's telling her about flirting with someone and saying it was the best time he'd had all week and then telling her she's the love of his life the next.

And they don't play it up, but there has to be a nice little age gap between them, my guess is 8 to 10 years or so. She's immature and needs to grow up, but I would also bet they're both confused with the hot/cold nature of their relationship. They both push and pull. Eh, I guess we'll see next season. :wag:

laurenem6
05-22-2007, 05:35 AM
I think the writers need to stop making crap happen to Meredith and then she can stop being so distant and they can finally have a nice happy relationship - yeah right. Maybe for a little while.

I thought it was very interesting that George didn't pass his intern exam. And I definitely DON'T like that Lexie is coming to invade Meredith's life when Meredith isn't even welcome with her family. Sheesh. Let's add more issues to her sad life.

What about Alex and Ava? Think he'll find her? I find it ironic since he was always on Izzy's case about Denny and now he's gone and done the same thing. Either way, I think they were cute together. I hope she comes back.

ChaosTitan
06-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Looks like Dr. Burke won't be patching things up with Cristina. Actor Isaiah Washington has been fired.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=264890&GT1=7703

Guess that will teach him (and others) to watch their words more carefully if they want to keep their jobs.

pconsidine
06-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Y'know, the worst part about that whole story is that (and this has been confirmed to me by people on the set at the time) Washington never said what he was accused of saying. To me, it makes the Golden Globes scene even worse because the only time he actually said it was in the process of denying he ever said it.

It's almost like a Charlie Kaufman movie.

laurenem6
06-08-2007, 07:34 PM
That sucks... just what we need - more reasons for the characters to be mopey. :-P

ChaosTitan
06-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Y'know, the worst part about that whole story is that (and this has been confirmed to me by people on the set at the time) Washington never said what he was accused of saying.

But what about the people who were on set at the time who says he did say it? :Shrug: It kind of sucks when it all comes down to "he said/he didn't say," and the stories keep conflicting. Either way, if he'd just kept his mouth shut at the Golden Globes, rather than digging up a four month old incident, it may have blown over faster.

Oh well.

Storyteller5
06-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Y'know, the worst part about that whole story is that (and this has been confirmed to me by people on the set at the time) Washington never said what he was accused of saying. To me, it makes the Golden Globes scene even worse because the only time he actually said it was in the process of denying he ever said it.

But there is no dispute he cast the whole show and network in a bad light during the Golden Globe celebration. I've never heard any dispute either about him getting into things with Patrick Dempsey. Perception can be as damning as what did or didn't happen.

Good move by the network!

pconsidine
06-08-2007, 09:44 PM
There were only three people actually present when it happened - Isaiah Washington, TR Knight, and Patrick Dempsey. Dempsey is the one who said that it never happened the way it was reported.

Not that you're wrong. Letting it go would definitely have been for the best. I certainly hope that the cast can do exactly that and get on with their jobs.

ChaosTitan
09-28-2007, 06:11 AM
Yay for Izzie, believing in herself.

Yes, George, Lexie Grey is pretty awesome. I find myself liking her, as well.

Didn't feel sorry for Callie. I've never been a fan of her character. Bailey is awesome, too. :D

Mer/Der = :rolleyes:

George/Izzie = :Headbang:

The_Grand_Duchess
09-28-2007, 06:32 AM
Yeah Callie kind of walked into that mess. I mean come on.

And how awesome was Izzy? Go head girl!

katiemac
09-28-2007, 06:44 AM
Not a fan of Lexie just yet. I think they let her talk too much. I'm pleased, though, because Grey's looks like it's coming back around (although maybe not with the "I'm Bambi" speech... I doubt Heigl could win an Emmy for that). I'd seen a piece with Patrick Dempsey basically acknowledging the show sucking last season, and realizing that this year will be better. So far it's living up.

... all until the last 30 seconds, anyway. George and Izzie still pisses me off. A lot.

ChaosTitan
09-28-2007, 07:10 AM
... all until the last 30 seconds, anyway. George and Izzie still pisses me off. A lot.

Rumor is Shonda Rhimes if finally listening to fan feedback on this issue. *crosses fingers*

zahra
09-29-2007, 06:42 AM
Rumor is Shonda Rhimes if finally listening to fan feedback on this issue. *crosses fingers*
Good; I don't like or believe in this storyline, either. And I like Callie, though I don't believe she'd look at someone like George. Really not loving the sister, either.

kristie911
09-30-2007, 05:57 AM
I kind of like Lexi...I'm going to give her a chance. Meredith needs some kind of family, I would like to see them at least sort of get along. Izzie rocked on saving Bambi but her and George are driving me nuts because I always liked George and Callie together. I hate that Izzie is screwing this up...and I'm currently pissed off at George.

The_Grand_Duchess
09-30-2007, 07:51 PM
I don't know, I can't be mad at George, he's been in kind of a tailspin. I mean his dad died, then he married Callie and it's like come on chic, you should have known you were going to have problems if you didn't even tell dude you were rich! Then he failed his exam and has to start all over, all his friends are in charge of him. That's gotta suck.

katiemac
12-09-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm resurrecting this thread (last posts in 2007) in light of the "shows you make fun of but still watch" thread. Apparently I am not the only one who watches this show but cringes the way through. Thank goodness for Jeffrey Dean Morgan and that smile, right?

Here's the latest piece of (POSSIBLE SPOILER) news (highlight): T.R. Knight may be leaving the show. Here's the link. (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/12/post.html)

Frankly, I'm not surprised if this rumor turns out to be true. One of my favorite characters, before the horrible storylines of a few seasons past, this actor is underused and essentially useless to the show's development (what development?!). Sad.

ChaosTitan
12-09-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm not really surprised, either, Katie. It's one of those things that happens with an ensemble cast. Characters outlive their usefulness. New characters take their place. I just hope the character leaves with more dignity than....

Screw it.

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER ON THAT ARTICLE

Yeah, so George really hasn't had a decent storyline since his father died. It'll be sad to see one of the original interns leave, but it leaves room for the other characters to play.

TerzaRima
12-09-2008, 11:16 PM
George and all his little tics annoy me, so I wouldn't miss him. Take your breathy little stutter and get outa town.

katiemac
12-09-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm just waiting for Patrick Dempsey to take notice and do the same thing.

ChaosTitan
12-09-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm just waiting for Patrick Dempsey to take notice and do the same thing.

If McDreamy leaves, the show is dead to me.

Alpha Echo
12-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Aw, but I like Lexie and wanted her and George to make something happen. Now that they aren't...you're right. We don't really need George. Out of the originals...he'd be the one I would least mind leaving. I was really upset when Christina was left at the alter. I was sobbing and so angry he left!!! But George...I can survive.

Blind Writer
12-09-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm not a George fan at all--not that I don't like him, but I'm just not a huge fan. As long as Meredith, McDreamy, and Alex stay put, I'm satisfied. OH, and McSteamy, too. Mark is definitely in my top five list of characters.

Alpha Echo
12-09-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm not a George fan at all--not that I don't like him, but I'm just not a huge fan. As long as Meredith, McDreamy, and Alex stay put, I'm satisfied. OH, and McSteamy, too. Mark is definitely in my top five list of characters.

I love Mark. That scene with him and Lexie...LOVED it!

katiemac
12-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Aw, but I like Lexie and wanted her and George to make something happen. Now that they aren't...you're right. We don't really need George. Out of the originals...he'd be the one I would least mind leaving. I was really upset when Christina was left at the alter. I was sobbing and so angry he left!!! But George...I can survive.

I'm bummed because George was kind of the pinnacle of "all the interns sticking through it together" idea. Notice that no one interacts as friends anymore aside from Cristina and Meredith (and now they're fighting)?

What happened to the scenes with them living together under one roof, George pissed off that the girls are brushing their teeth when he's in the shower, etc. Obviously I'm aware they don't live together anymore. But no more lunch table conversations, even--they're all elsewhere distracted with residents, chiefs, interns or dead fiances. (Not even patients.) And if you don't have a storyline like that (Derek or George), you're expendable.

I found it a sore reminder in the last episode when Alex had to page Meredith to replace Izzie in his solo surgery. Alex was always the outsider but had the best relationship with Meredith aside from Izzie. No one notices (except George, finally) that something is seriously wrong with Izzie. Sigh. And now George could potentially leave and I wouldn't blink an eye... because that five-way relationship between the original interns is completely shot.

katiemac
12-09-2008, 11:56 PM
I love Mark. That scene with him and Lexie...LOVED it!

You know, I found that scene interesting. Not a fan of Lexie, but I like Mark ... and it was really intriguing to see him go through that conflict. I will appreciate more tortured Mark scenes in the future.

Toothpaste
12-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Am I the only one who can't stand Meredith? I don't mind flawed characters, but she is so self centred, so smug, and so often proven wrong. And she still gets the honour of being voice over of wisdom girl. I'm sorry but I don't want to see the world through your incredibly negative perspective. It was interesting at first, but now it is just depressing and mean. McDreamy could do so much better.

katiemac
12-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Am I the only one who can't stand Meredith? I don't mind flawed characters, but she is so self centred, so smug, and so often proven wrong. And she still gets the honour of being voice over of wisdom girl. I'm sorry but I don't want to see the world through your incredibly negative perspective. It was interesting at first, but now it is just depressing and mean. McDreamy could do so much better.

Nope, never liked her much. It seems every time I was truly over her something came on an upswing and I liked her again--like the clinical trials last season. But right now I don't think she has a lot to do. There's a heavy focus on Callie, Lexie and now Izzie. Not the Grey's I remember.

Alpha Echo
12-10-2008, 12:03 AM

Mmmm, sometimes she is annoying. But I'm a hopeless romantic and want everyone to end up with the one they love.

You know what is annoying me? Izzy and her ghost.

katiemac
12-10-2008, 12:10 AM
Mmmm, sometimes she is annoying. But I'm a hopeless romantic and want everyone to end up with the one they love.

You know what is annoying me? Izzy and her ghost.

Shonda Rhimes finally conceded and let it slip what the purpose of the Izzie/Denny storyline is and what's the cause. The article is over on Entertainment Weekly somewhere, but I didn't read it. SO, if anyone hunts it down and reads it, please don't bring the answer back here. I only know that the storyline is NOT, and I'd rather keep it that way, even though it annoys the crap out of me. I guess I'm hoping a big reveal on the show will make up for it.

Alpha Echo
12-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Shonda Rhimes finally conceded and let it slip what the purpose of the Izzie/Denny storyline is and what's the cause. The article is over on Entertainment Weekly somewhere, but I didn't read it. SO, if anyone hunts it down and reads it, please don't bring the answer back here. I only know that the storyline is NOT, and I'd rather keep it that way, even though it annoys the crap out of me. I guess I'm hoping a big reveal on the show will make up for it.

Yeah, I don't wanna know either because I hate spoilers, but it's so annoying! Especially because Alex was so great on the last episode and I like him with Izzy...until Izzy began to go nuts. I mean...weird.

katiemac
12-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I don't wanna know either because I hate spoilers, but it's so annoying! Especially because Alex was so great on the last episode and I like him with Izzy...until Izzy began to go nuts. I mean...weird.

Yeah, go figure. I've waited five years for this side of Alex (and suffered Ava/Rebecca) and now Izzie's a nut.

Alpha Echo
12-10-2008, 12:21 AM
Yeah, go figure. I've waited five years for this side of Alex (and suffered Ava/Rebecca) and now Izzie's a nut.

Oh, I HATED Ava/Rebecca! So much that now, I can't stand the sight of that actress!

laurenem6
12-10-2008, 02:02 AM
Ugh! Thank you for reviving this thread! This show has been so annoying to me, I want to stop watching it but I can't! I need someplace to vent about it!

I mean, I loved Denny, but, to quote the show, seriously?

Mrs. Strange
12-10-2008, 08:35 PM
I think it's shamelessly obvious how they keep recycling Denny. This storyline is becoming as weird and creepy as the Izzie-George relationship.

I watched the first three seasons again (come on, I've been sick and it's popcorn for the brain) and remembered why I liked it- good plots, great phrases (manwhore) and funny. Once Isaiah Washington left the Christine storyline fizzled and she's my favorite character. So many LOL moments. I hope it gets better b/c I need to feed my addiction.

pconsidine
12-10-2008, 10:31 PM
I think the sole reason this show is still on is because it somehow manages at least once in every episode to include something that absolutely yanks on the audience's emotions. It's that single moment of catharsis that lets people completely forget about the 38 other minutes of complete nonsense that bookended it. It's only when you step back and look at the big picture that you realize that catharsis might very well be in service to nothing at all.

Either way, I'd rather see the people working on it keep their jobs, so I rather it not get canned any time soon.

Sarita
12-10-2008, 10:43 PM
I think it's shamelessly obvious how they keep recycling Denny.I know. Seriously? They realized that they killed off this hyper-lovable character far too soon and they wanted to figure out a way to work him back into the show. I'm not complaining, because, while I don't really go for a hollywood man, Jeffery Dean Morgan is just delicious in a real-man kind of way. In any case, it definitely feels like I'm being manipulated into the Denny/Izzie storyline at the end of each show. And I don't like that feeling.

As to George leaving? I started really disliking his character during the whole Cali thing. He never rounded back for me. Christina is my favorite, but she's really lacking without Burke there to spice things up. The new commando just isn't getting things going for her. Oh pah-lease, the vent? Come on. The vent? She just lost a solo surgery for no reason whatsoever and you're going to show her a release vent? The Christina we know would want to be shown the inside of someone's guts or valves, not HVAC vents.

Satori1977
12-11-2008, 01:42 AM
I know. Seriously? They realized that they killed off this hyper-lovable character far too soon and they wanted to figure out a way to work him back into the show. I'm not complaining, because, while I don't really go for a hollywood man, Jeffery Dean Morgan is just delicious in a real-man kind of way. In any case, it definitely feels like I'm being manipulated into the Denny/Izzie storyline at the end of each show. And I don't like that feeling.

As to George leaving? I started really disliking his character during the whole Cali thing. He never rounded back for me. Christina is my favorite, but she's really lacking without Burke there to spice things up. The new commando just isn't getting things going for her. Oh pah-lease, the vent? Come on. The vent? She just lost a solo surgery for no reason whatsoever and you're going to show her a release vent? The Christina we know would want to be shown the inside of someone's guts or valves, not HVAC vents.

You said almost everything I am thinking. I totally loved the show when it first started. The cases, the characters, the cool storylines...all the internal conflict and drama. But it is wearing thin. I loved Denny, and part of me is so happy to see him back, but they need to resolve what is going on with Izzie, it is starting to get a little too weird. (BTW, Jeffrey Dean Morgan so needs his own show, they keep killing him off of shows I watch, and it drives me nuts. He deserves his own star vehicle. Great actor, killer smile, the whole package.)

And speaking of Izzie, she was probably one of my favorite characters, but she grates on me lately. Not just the Denny thing, before that. Her attitude about everything. I also used to like George until he cheated on Callie and slept with Izzie (that storyline had to have been the worst ever...the writers totally ruined their perfect relationship with making them sleep together). I hate how everyone is sleeping with everyone. I used to love the show because of the medical drama...the cool surgeries and complex cases. Now they will spend a whole episode on talking about a woman giving oral sex to another woman?? I don't mind the lesbian storyline, in fact, I really liked Dr Hahn, but it was inappropriate.

They get rid of great characters (like Burke, I loved the dynamic of him and Christina, and Hahn), but keep the annoying characters. I wouldn't mind if Izzie left, or George. Both are becoming useless to the show. Even Mer's pessimism gets to me. She is one of the most cynical, whiny brats I have ever seen on tv.

WackAMole
12-11-2008, 01:52 AM
Now they will spend a whole episode on talking about a woman giving oral sex to another woman?? I don't mind the lesbian storyline, in fact, I really liked Dr Hahn, but it was inappropriate.

Im just kinda curious why you thought it was inappropriate? I happened to like where they were going with that story and I found it disturbing that Dr Hahn has this sudden revelation about her sexuality and bam next episode relationship over. I am trying to understand why that was more innappropriate somehow than mcdreamys affairs not to mention all the other random casual sex on the show?

katiemac
12-11-2008, 02:01 AM
Im just kinda curious why you thought it was inappropriate? I happened to like where they were going with that story and I found it disturbing that Dr Hahn has this sudden revelation about her sexuality and bam next episode relationship over. I am trying to understand why that was more innappropriate somehow than mcdreamys affairs not to mention all the other random casual sex on the show?

I'm not intending to speak for Satori here. I liked the Hahn/Callie storyline well enough and thought Hahn's revelations was one of the greatest monologues they'd done on Grey's. However, the level of sex the show has taken, including the Callie/Hahn storyline, is just too much for me anymore. I'm no prude, but the fact the casual sex aspect has taken precedence over medical cases really grates me. It did seem like they talked more openly about the Hahn/Callie storyline than some of the others--I mean, Callie sleeps with Hahn, then hops into bed with McSteamy, too, while they talk about what she did with Hahn?

I just feel like the sex in general has gone to an icky level--even if the characters kept doing everything they do but the show balanced it with more non-sex stuff, that would help. A lot.

WackAMole
12-11-2008, 02:06 AM
I'm not intending to speak for Satori here. I liked the Hahn/Callie storyline and thought Hahn's revelations was one of the greatest monologues they'd done on Grey's. However, the level of sex the show has taken, including the Callie/Hahn storyline, is just too much for me anymore. I'm no prude, but the fact the casual sex aspect has taken precedence over medical cases really grates me. It did seem like they talked more openly about the Hahn/Callie storyline than some of the others--I mean, Callie sleeps with Hahn, then hops into bed with McSteamy, too, while they talk about what she did with Hahn?

I just feel like the sex in general has gone to an icky level--even if the characters kept doing everything they do but the show balanced it with more non-sex stuff, that would help. A lot.

Have to say I agree with you on that. I was really miffed though because I really did like that story and the direction it was "seemingly" taken. I was also disgusted that she went and hopped immediately into bed with mcsteamy BUT the way they set it up it was more like she was questioning her own sexuality after Hahns very big revelation. I just heard so much rhetoric around the whole Callie/Hahn thing when it first broke the news, first and foremost being that they had cut the storyline out because of pressure from conservative viewers (albeit this made ZERO sense to me).

katiemac
12-11-2008, 02:13 AM
Have to say I agree with you on that. I was really miffed though because I really did like that story and the direction it was "seemingly" taken. I was also disgusted that she went and hopped immediately into bed with mcsteamy BUT the way they set it up it was more like she was questioning her own sexuality after Hahns very big revelation. I just heard so much rhetoric around the whole Callie/Hahn thing when it first broke the news, first and foremost being that they had cut the storyline out because of pressure from conservative viewers (albeit this made ZERO sense to me).

Yeah, and since they set it up with Callie trying to figure herself out, it didn't view as icky as it could have been, but I still didn't like it.

I don't think we'll ever know why Hahn was let go. I know a LOT of people didn't like her to start, and liked her even less with the Callie/Hahn storyline. I'm guessing that has less them being lesbians than, like I mentioned upthread, the level of sex it added to the show in general.

My problem is how these characters have these "great loves" and then just sleep around/fall in love again. Callie is a great example. George, then Hahn, and now the new intern--Hahn hasn't even been gone two episodes. George had Meredith, then Callie, then Izzie.

Izzie grates me far, far worse, though. She started with a boyfriend, then fell for Alex and he didn't return it, then she crushed on Denny, went back to sleeping with Alex, fell madly in love with Denny when he returned, then he dies and she falls in love with George and breaks up his marriage. At this point, everything I've described is, although it's covered the first three seasons, occurs within the show's context in only one year. Now, she's dating Alex again but sleeping with Denny's ghost. ... Whaa? Give me a break. It's no surprise she's having a mental breakdown or whatever it is.

WackAMole
12-11-2008, 02:17 AM
Yeah, and since they set it up with Callie trying to figure herself out, it didn't view as icky as it could have been, but I still didn't like it.

I don't think we'll ever know why Hahn was let go. I know a LOT of people didn't like her to start, and liked her even less with the Callie/Hahn storyline. I'm guessing that has less them being lesbians than, like I mentioned upthread, the level of sex it added to the show in general.

My problem is how these characters have these "great loves" and then just sleep around/fall in love again. Callie is a great example. George, then Hahn, and now the new intern--Hahn hasn't even been gone two episodes. George had Meredith, then Callie, then Izzie.

Izzie grates me far, far worse, though. She started with a boyfriend, then fell for Alex and he didn't return it, then she crushed on Denny, went back to sleeping with Alex, fell madly in love with Denny when he returned, then he dies and she falls in love with George and breaks up his marriage. At this point, everything I've described is, although it's covered the first three seasons, occurs within the show's context in only one year. Now, she's dating Alex again but sleeping with Denny's ghost. ... Whaa? Give me a break. It's no surprise she's having a mental breakdown or whatever it is.

LOL Yeah. They really don't seem to have ANY CLUE which direction to take this show and rather than settling in a particular direction they seem to be all over the sexual canvas.

Satori1977
12-11-2008, 03:33 AM
I'm not intending to speak for Satori here. I liked the Hahn/Callie storyline well enough and thought Hahn's revelations was one of the greatest monologues they'd done on Grey's. However, the level of sex the show has taken, including the Callie/Hahn storyline, is just too much for me anymore. I'm no prude, but the fact the casual sex aspect has taken precedence over medical cases really grates me. It did seem like they talked more openly about the Hahn/Callie storyline than some of the others--I mean, Callie sleeps with Hahn, then hops into bed with McSteamy, too, while they talk about what she did with Hahn?

Pretty much this. I liked the Callie/Hahn story line....really like Hahn in general. It had nothing to do with it being about two women, just the constant talking about sex, how to do it, it took about about 3/4 of a show with Callie asking everyone for advice on how to go down on Hahn. It took away from the possibility of a great romantic story. I understand her only being wtih men before this, she would question a lot, but it was too much. And when Miranda started talking about it...way too much. I would have felt the same way if one of the characters spent more than half the show talking about giving a blow job. I feel the show is relying way too much on sex between every other character, almost trying to shock viewers (and I am not a prude either, nor do I shock easily). It is a little incestious, and boring actually. Get back to the medical stuff. Yes, focus on characters and relationships, but enough is enough.

kristie911
12-11-2008, 07:03 AM
I hated Hahn. Actually, I think I could have liked the character but I hated the actress. She just seemed like she was trying to hard to act...it never came off as natural to me. I was glad to see her go and I like how hard Callie is taking it. And how the emotions grab her out of nowhere...it seems so real, like that's how it really is. You think you're okay and then, bam, it hits you again. But I love Callie anyway.

The Denny's ghost/Izzie story is just confusing for me. WTF is going on? It's bizarre and distracting for me. Other than the fact that I get to stare at Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Can I just say yum?!).

I'm still hooked on the show but I do find myself thinking, "Huh?" a lot more than I used to.

I refuse to give up...it will get better! It has to, right? Seriously?

Mrs. Strange
02-11-2009, 12:39 AM
Guess it's not a huge surprise (http://www.nypost.com/seven/02102009/tv/izzie_and_george_leaving_greys_anatomy_154423.htm) . It does make me wonder about the direction of the show.

katiemac
02-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Guess it's not a huge surprise (http://www.nypost.com/seven/02102009/tv/izzie_and_george_leaving_greys_anatomy_154423.htm) . It does make me wonder about the direction of the show.

I just saw that myself not too long ago. But they can't keep anyone on the show anymore--Melissa George isn't sticking around, and it's still up in the air whether Mary McDonnell is, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin McKidd jumps before they bring him on full-time. And what's with the new pediatrician? Who knows.

I don't think Heigl and Knight leaving is the show means it's going in a bad direction; I think it's a sign of what's been going wrong for awhile. I like them both, although not a fan of Heigl's foray into chick flicks ... but here's hoping they fare well on the other side!

ChaosTitan
02-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Given the serious lack of good storylines for either actor, I'm not surprised. Other medical shows have survived the loss of original players (St. Elsewhere, ER, Chicago Hope). Grey's will be fine, and hopefully this will give the show the adrenaline injection it needs.

Kitty Pryde
02-13-2009, 08:56 PM
After last night's episode, I predict Izzie has a brain tumor and dies and everyone is sad for like two episodes and then they all move on. I'm not trying to be flippant, I like Izzie but I think she's gettin' killed off.

My evidence:

-the Denny thing
-her hypochondria tendencies
-Alex noticing she has two weird neurological symptoms
-Alex is ready to bail on her, but the Wizard gave him a real heart this season! So part of him wants to stay! So it would be extra triple tragic!

katiemac
02-13-2009, 09:01 PM
It's going to suck for Alex, and that makes me sad, because I always liked him.

But I'm really kind of shocked that a) she's a doctor and hasn't figured it out and b) she's around doctors all the time and THEY aren't noticing or being pushy about her getting help. Alex says she's "crazy" instead of, "oh hey, maybe there's a medical explanation." I get her suspecting something's wrong and not going through with finding out but, come on. She works in a freaking hospital.

But whatever she has it's definitely death-worthy, considering Denny said he came back for her to be there through it, like he was with her.

Sneaky Devil
02-13-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm sorry, but can I just say.... WTF? WTF? WTF? Is Meredith ever going to see that ring? Nope, didn't think so.

And dear me are they turning my favorite manwhore into a respectable man who can be with someone for more than a few minutes? idk if I like that very much. :rolleyes:

Mrs. Strange
02-14-2009, 02:28 AM
I wish Addison was still on GA. She makes it so much more interesting. I know that TR wants to leave, but does anyone know why they've cut him almost completely out?

katiemac
02-14-2009, 02:51 AM
I wish Addison was still on GA. She makes it so much more interesting. I know that TR wants to leave, but does anyone know why they've cut him almost completely out?

I think he wants to leave because they cut him out. Personally, it felt like the George storyline took to a back burner after Callie/Hahn/Lexxie etc. were taking up a lot of story time. Even Meredith isn't on nearly as much as she used to be.

katiemac
02-14-2009, 03:01 AM
Ruh roh! Now Shonda Rhimes is saying both Knight and Heigl are staying put, and it was all just a bad rumor (http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=352620&GT1=28103). Call me crazy, but I don't really believe her.

ChaosTitan
02-14-2009, 08:19 AM
She's probably annoyed that the story leaked before she could kill them both off in spectacularly shocking ways that leaves the audience weeping (or cheering).

Mrs. Strange
02-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Last episode was wow! Nice to see a change with Derek. Addison makes it so much better, more tension, more depth.

Sarita
02-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Last episode was wow! Nice to see a change with Derek. Addison makes it so much better, more tension, more depth.
It's a shame that they moved her onto her own show, because I have no interest in watching Private Practice. And she was a great contribution to the story lines on Greys. Oh well.

I liked these past few episodes. I hope it keeps up. :)

Kitty Pryde
05-15-2009, 07:26 PM
SPOILERS For 5/15/09 Episode! Bumping to remark that all our predictions came true. What did y'all think of the 2 hour episode last night?

Ruh roh! Now Shonda Rhimes is saying both Knight and Heigl are staying put, and it was all just a bad rumor (http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=352620&GT1=28103). Call me crazy, but I don't really believe her.

You nailed it! You get a cookie.

After last night's episode, I predict Izzie has a brain tumor and dies and everyone is sad for like two episodes and then they all move on. I'm not trying to be flippant, I like Izzie but I think she's gettin' killed off.

My evidence:

-the Denny thing
-her hypochondria tendencies
-Alex noticing she has two weird neurological symptoms
-Alex is ready to bail on her, but the Wizard gave him a real heart this season! So part of him wants to stay! So it would be extra triple tragic!

I nailed it! I get a cookie.

She's probably annoyed that the story leaked before she could kill them both off in spectacularly shocking ways that leaves the audience weeping (or cheering).

You nailed it! You get a cookie.

I gotta say that the George-joins-the-army thing was stupidly out of character. I don't know what they were thinking. 1. That army kid was a doofus, and his speech was silly. After the speech, I thought to myself, If George joins the Army I will be very unimpressed with the writers. 2. George is too tender and gentle to join the army, even with a silly speech. 3. He thinks Hunt is a good surgeon, but like everyone else, knows he has a load of mental health problems from his time in the army, so why would that inspire him to join?

But the John Doe twist was brilliant. I totally didn't see it coming. Very sad though. I was wayyyyyy sadder about George than Izzie.

What did y'all think of the 2 hour episode last night?

Grrarrgh
05-16-2009, 03:57 AM
I just finished watching it, so I'm not really sure yet. Right now:

George joining the army is ridiculous. I realize that he wants to be a hero, but I just don't think that was very in-character for him. And it seems a little weird that after seeing all the mental crap that Hunt is going through - he tried to kill Christina, for heaven's sake- a little speech from a guy who has decided that the army is so important to him that he needs to have his perfectly healthy leg cut off in order to get back to Iraq would be so moving that he would decide to enlist on the spur of the moment.

John Doe - as soon as they brought him in and said that he had no ID on him, I started running through all of the men on the show to figure out who wasn't currently crowded in the room and who hadn't been shown in a few minutes. George was the only one I could think of, so I wasn't too shocked when he wrote 007 on her hand.

Mer/Der wedding - I thought it was cute. I thought it was typical of both of them and fit in with their whole crazy relationship.

I'm still working on the elevator part. I guess that if George gets on the elevator with Izzy, they're both ok, if she gets off the elevator with him, they're both dead, and if they stay as they are, he'll be dead and she'll be alive. I think the fact that she saw him, though, is an indicator that he's dead. They made a point of stating that she sees dead people, not that she saw Denny specifically, so I think that her seeing him is a sign that he's dead, but he may still get on the elevator with her.

I'm a little ticked at the way they ended the episode. After all the crap the viewers put up with this year - Izzy having sex with Denny, interns cutting themselves up, icicles that never melt - I think they could have given us a little resolution. I'm not going to agonize over it all summer or anything, but I thought it was annoying. They probably did it so they can keep working on the contracts with the 2 of them, or give them more time to decide if they're coming back or not, but it was aggravating.

katiemac
05-16-2009, 10:11 PM
I didn't see the John Doe twist, even though I kind of figured George would be the bait-and-switch to Izzie's death. But the George-joins-the-army bait and switch was a pretty good one, too. Kind of impressed, especially after the last episode was so overly-cheese annoying. This episode was still annoying, but at least I can get behind some more interesting writing.

Well, I told myself I would be done with Grey's after this season because it was so ridiculous. But I'll hang on to the next finale to see what's up, then I'm probably out again.

And what is it with this hospital housing dead people? When Meredith was near death it was the same deal. I'm thinking they should get a spiritual advisor up in there and get some incense burning or something.

ChaosTitan
05-18-2009, 05:40 AM
I have to admit, I saw the John Doe thing coming after the teaser. They did it first on "ER" with Omar Epps's character (even though that was a suicide-by-train, not a hero-saves-girl-from-bus). I thought for a brief moment it was Sloan, but as soon as he entered the trauma room, I knew it was George. And if you looked really closely at the makeup, you could tell it was TR under there.

Since I kind of expected both "deaths" I wasn't really sad or upset until Alex started crying at the very end. That got me. Something about strong male characters dissolving into tears always gets me.

I did like Bailey's storyline, though, with her husband's ultimatum. They've always kept her marriage and son as background throughout the seasons, so it felt realistic to bring it back to affect her again. Good on her for divorcing his sorry ass.

I agree that the George-join-the-Army thing was out of character and dumb. It served the plot, so they wrote it. It let everyone talk about George and what a great guy he was, so when Mer realizes who it is, the audience would feel her shock. *sigh* It also made me wonder what else they stole from "ER" for this episode (Dr. Gallant anyone???).

katiemac
05-18-2009, 05:59 AM
I have to admit, I saw the John Doe thing coming after the teaser. They did it first on "ER" with Omar Epps's character

Lucky me, then, I barely see teasers anymore. One of the reasons it still worked for me but yeah, it's definitely been done before.

Karen Duvall
05-18-2009, 06:23 AM
Sigh. I bawled like a baby. I'm such a wuss.

NoelleB
05-18-2009, 07:51 AM
i love alex. he's the best character on the show if you ask me. through it all he's been exactly the same as he always was, and i like that. i loved when he said he wanted to smother izzie with a pillow. that was awesome, very true to life, very in character.

i felt actually like the hero/bus thing was really appropriate for george although....why insert the army thing???? why couldn't he just have been going home because he was tired? i mean...it served no purpose whatsoever.

Grrarrgh
05-18-2009, 05:51 PM
i felt actually like the hero/bus thing was really appropriate for george although....why insert the army thing???? why couldn't he just have been going home because he was tired? i mean...it served no purpose whatsoever.

I think that was the biggest problem I had with it. It served no purpose and was completely out of character for him. Yes, they talked about how great he was and what a hero some of them thought he was for doing it, but they said that same stuff about the man jumping in front of the bus, so it still feels extraneous to me. It's just so hard for me to imagine being inspired to join the army by watching/hearing speeches from 2 men who are so mentally traumatized by the experience.

katiemac
05-18-2009, 07:25 PM

It was a bait-and-switch. Makes us think he's going to be leaving the show because he's joining the army. But, nope, he's leaving the show because he got hit by a bus.

ChaosTitan
05-19-2009, 01:40 AM
It was a bait-and-switch. Makes us think he's going to be leaving the show because he's joining the army. But, nope, he's leaving the show because he got hit by a bus.

I just wish they'd chosen a bait-and-switch that felt organic to the character. I'm with the others who said George joining the Army felt very out of character. We were being smacked over the head with heroism in that episode and it came across as heavy-handed.

Kitty Pryde
05-19-2009, 01:55 AM
I just wish they'd chosen a bait-and-switch that felt organic to the character. I'm with the others who said George joining the Army felt very out of character. We were being smacked over the head with heroism in that episode and it came across as heavy-handed.

Exactly. They could've done without the young soldier, and had a really heroic doctors-without-borders manly man doctor come in as a patient and tell his story. George joining an international nonprofit to go sew up poor unfortunates in a war-torn country would have been about a million times more believable.

ChaosTitan
05-19-2009, 01:59 AM
Exactly. They could've done without the young soldier, and had a really heroic doctors-without-borders manly man doctor come in as a patient and tell his story. George joining an international nonprofit to go sew up poor unfortunates in a war-torn country would have been about a million times more believable.

Yeah, but then they'd be stealing story lines from Dr. Carter, instead of Dr. Gallant (sorry, another ER moment). ;)

Kitty Pryde
05-19-2009, 02:25 AM
yeah, i prefer it when they steal from scrubs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQIPFvSQO0c) better :D

Leah_Michelle
05-19-2009, 10:19 AM

I completely agree. It didn't seem to have a purpose. It was like they just threw it in there to make it more interesting for the characters in the show like Callie and Miranda.

Secondly, it makes me think that George will live and Izzy will die. They had to have put it in for a reason that we have yet to see. And Izzy dying fits merely because Katherine Heigl is getting way too famous. They were bound to kill her off eventually.

Sarita
05-19-2009, 07:47 PM
I have no idea what's up for next season, but I didn't really like the bait-and-switch with George. It seemed manipulative and made me less sad for Izzy and Alex, but not sad about George, which is weird because he's been one of my favorites. Also, I think it was strange that it was George who welcomed her and NOT Denny. I know they had to do it for the dramatic "Oh. Em. Gee. Is he dead?!?!" factor, but it seemed strange that they spent much of this season focused on her relationship with Denny, only to end with something else. Weird.

That said, I was a white hot mess when the show ended. Very sad to lose two great characters. *sniffle*

katiemac
05-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Well, speculation about George joining the army has been floating around the Internet for awhile. It makes me wonder if T.R. Knight was supposed to leave the show byways of George joining the army, but then because of the Internet leak they changed it to the bus accident.

Either that or they purposefully leaked the army stuff to take the possible leak away from the bus accident.

It worked for me that Izzie sees George in the elevator - it's the same thing they did with Meredith and her mother when they coded at the same time.

TDGatt
05-31-2009, 02:36 AM
This show is awesome, as far as drama's go. When it comes to comedy, give me Two and a Half Men any day.

Kitty Pryde
06-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Have a steaming fresh cup of WTF this morning (from ew.com):

Katherine Heigl to return to 'Grey's Anatomy'

Jun 18, 2009

Sources confirm to EW that Grey's Anatomy star Katherine Heigl's option has been picked up for another season of the ABC series...Heigl had been rumored to be looking to exit the show in order to focus on her film career but in public statements maintained her desire to continue in the role.

TR Knight (George) is still gone. Given the elevator scene they ended the season on, this makes no sense. And personally, I like George waaaaaay more than I like Izzy. Ah well. Grey's Anatomy: The Plot Is Contrived But I Love It So.

katiemac
06-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Nah, Izzie was still on the elevator. George wasn't. He'll tell her to go back.

Here's hopping TR is off to bigger and better things!

Kitty Pryde
06-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Nah, Izzie was still on the elevator. George wasn't. He'll tell her to go back.

Here's hopping TR is off to bigger and better things!

Yah, okay, apparently I missed the boat on that one. I thought the elevator was going down to the ground floor, and stopped before it got there, to pick up George. Then when they get to the ground floor they're dead, by Grey's Anatomy Overwrought Emotions Standards. But apparently she reached the ground floor and found George there, waiting for her so she can join him in being dead?

But I call shenanigans, because she clearly died before George did.

Leah_Michelle
06-23-2009, 02:16 AM
Have a steaming fresh cup of WTF this morning (from ew.com):

TR Knight (George) is still gone. Given the elevator scene they ended the season on, this makes no sense. And personally, I like George waaaaaay more than I like Izzy. Ah well. Grey's Anatomy: The Plot Is Contrived But I Love It So.

I now find the show to be too unrealistic.
Izzie has a brain tumor that only gives her 5% chance to live.
Of course she doesn't die, she's Izzie.
Sadly, I can't actually stop watching it.

Ravioli
07-13-2016, 02:16 AM
Why is this thread dead when the show ain't?

Anyway, I am disappointed by the last couple of episodes. I like the show for being gender- and ethnically diverse, so I guess I was getting carried away hoping for a general high ethics standard.
Season 12, episode 15, had a bunch of purebred puppies of an undisclosed source and I really hope they are not from some commercial breeder/backyard breeder/puppy mill/pet shop supplier. They said something about charity in the show, so I don't see why they couldn't have procured actual rescue puppies to promote rather than present us with a bunch of purebred puppies nobody puts in a shelter instead of selling them, and pretend they are from some charity/shelter.

The next episode was all about boiling animals alive for shits and giggles.

And then an episode where a big man is body-shamed behind his back, also for the sake of comic relief. I don't mind the part where they wrote him to break his girlfriend; big bodies need to be more careful, but DOCTORS having a laugh about it, was not okay. Body-shaming from the mouths of doctors is a real thing and keeps many big people from seeking medical attention. I was body-shamed by a doctor my school forced me to see, just peachy. Not okay, Rhimes.

And Meredith is getting on my nerves. Her character needs to go. She has become pointless years ago. All she ever does, is crack wise smirks and make wise talk like Morgan Freeman got gender-bent or something, have weird melt-downs and info-dumping monologues, and become the victim of one-sided drama everyone else has to flock around and fuss over.

Noizchild
07-13-2016, 04:00 AM
The show is getting kind of tired if you ask me.

Ravioli
07-13-2016, 04:50 AM
You don't say. Meredith is a drama victim, Webber gets forced into fatherly roles lest he become completely obsolete, Bailey has become boring, and Owen is still doing the "scarred victim of war" thing. Meredith: *weird meltdown*. And if Meredith gets one more lost sibling... The drama is so gratuitous. Meredith: *weird meltdown*. Amelia Shepherd: "Oh no, I found my boyfriend drunk, I must leave him immediately because his minding his own business hurts my feelings when I walked in with lobsters!" Meredith: *weird meltdown*. April Kepner: "I've been on the show for x years, so I must remind everyone in every episode that it's all about me me me and not my husband!". Meredith: *weird meltdown*.

Sarita
07-13-2016, 04:54 PM
After last season's finale, I find it very hard to be interested in the show. I still don't feel like we got closure on [SPOILERS] Derek's death, without a real funeral or even seeing much from the other characters by way of processing. Yes, I know it's called Grey's Anatomy, but there are a handful of other characters that we'd like to hear from. [SPOILER] Also, I hate Amelia. She's insufferable and I can't bring myself to watch the show anymore.

Noizchild
07-14-2016, 06:12 AM
It should've ended before this last season.

Ravioli
07-14-2016, 01:44 PM
I love Amelia, actually, except for her info-dumping drama lines, but they're typical for the show, not just Amelia. Also, the last mention of her addiction issues is SO long ago, so her meltdown over seeing a grown man tipsy was just asinine and out of context. We get it, Amelia has baggage, MOVING ON.

I don't get a lot of things. First of all, while I like Arizona as a mother for her dedication to her job as a baby doctor, I don't understand how she got full custody of Sophia when she is the least available, while Callie had Pennie, meaing 2 people to care for the girl and a less busy schedule. Plus, birth-mom, hello??? Something very weird here!
And everyone sueing everyone over custody, come on. Those characters talk so much crap, and Rhimes couldn't have thought it'd look un-credible that they suddenly can't just TALK about custody?

Then, April. God how I wanted her to lori out on us. She is so annoying. If it isn't all about her, it's all about Jesus, but never about Jackson, but she is SO great at making herself look like a victim and a martyr when she is nothing but a blubbering Disney princess.

Warren redeeming himself saving April and her baby, was to be expected and nice and all, but the fact that he had his eyes on the doors when he decided to cut a woman open in the hallway, makes him an irredeemable ego-tripping killer to me, and this sweet redemption is way too tacky given what he did. In the real world, he would be fired, stripped of his license, and put in prison, or at least I'd hope so.

AND!!! Can we either get rid of Meredith already, or restore some relevance to the character? I am sick and tired of her wise smirks and edgy talk and far-fetched drama. "MY HUSBAND DIED YEARS AGO SO I MUST NOW ABUSIVELY SCREAM AT A HALF-NAKED MAN TO GET OUT OF MY HOUSE HALF-NAKED AND THEN SCRUB THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND CALL A SURGEON OUT OF SURGERY TO HELP WITH THAT OMG I AM SO RELATEABLE AND SUCH A LOVELY PERSON AND SO INTERESTING!"
Or this one, years ago: "I am Meredith Grey and I get to keep the baby I kidnap because my pseudo-deep rants are so lovable!!!!!!!!!!1!one!!1elven!" Judge be like: "You showed maternal instinct kidnapping that baby and running off with her like a dangerous lunatic, so just keep her lol kthxbai"

I always meant to say though, Edwards is THE most beautiful woman on that show, EVER :Soapbox:

Noizchild
07-15-2016, 04:32 AM
I love Amelia, actually, except for her info-dumping drama lines, but they're typical for the show, not just Amelia. Also, the last mention of her addiction issues is SO long ago, so her meltdown over seeing a grown man tipsy was just asinine and out of context. We get it, Amelia has baggage, MOVING ON.

I don't get a lot of things. First of all, while I like Arizona as a mother for her dedication to her job as a baby doctor, I don't understand how she got full custody of Sophia when she is the least available, while Callie had Pennie, meaing 2 people to care for the girl and a less busy schedule. Plus, birth-mom, hello??? Something very weird here!
And everyone sueing everyone over custody, come on. Those characters talk so much crap, and Rhimes couldn't have thought it'd look un-credible that they suddenly can't just TALK about custody?

Because that would be taking Sophia away from everything that she knows.

CrastersBabies
07-15-2016, 10:30 AM
I finished! I have stuff to say!

First, I'm kind of the odd man out here. I love Meredith. She has come into her own and takes absolutely no shit from anyone. And I love that about her.

I also like Amelia. She's a hot mess, but I root for her. I loved the quick trip to get slushies. That was just, yeah! I got a kick out of it.

For a moment (on the custody thing), I almost thought that Arizona won because maybe Alex sent a letter to the judge or came in to testify at the last minute. But, I can see the judge's decision here and it makes sense to me. Callie wasn't thinking. I found the way she dealt with the whole "let's move to New York" thing to be incredibly selfish and thoughtless. That sort of thing is usually very endearing in a sense with Callie, but this time, no.

I felt like the Warren save at the end was too convenient and lazy.

Is it weird that my favorite moments are when Richard looks around and you can almost hear him thinking, "These people are absolutely nuts. And there's no place I'd rather be."

My issue with Meredith is that she doesn't have much to do other than have weird break-down moments and be everyone else's "person." Which is nice--the person thing--but she needs more as a character. I did like the Sound of Silence episode this season.

Noizchild
07-16-2016, 04:30 AM
I think I will lose interest since Callie is leaving.

CrastersBabies
07-16-2016, 09:20 AM

It's weird because when Callie first came on the show, I really did not like her. Then, somewhere along the time, she kind of became a favorite. I think it was when she and Arizona got together and then ... Mark passing. Though I enjoyed her friendship with Mark so so much.

She kind of became the backbone of the show for me. The actress is stunning and so so talented. I don't know who will fill her spot as the next ortho expert.

Noizchild
07-17-2016, 12:35 AM
What happened to Erica Hahn?

Sweetix
07-25-2016, 07:08 AM
She left by herself.

Alpha Echo
07-25-2016, 09:42 PM
I finished! I have stuff to say!

First, I'm kind of the odd man out here. I love Meredith. She has come into her own and takes absolutely no shit from anyone. And I love that about her.

I also like Amelia. She's a hot mess, but I root for her. I loved the quick trip to get slushies. That was just, yeah! I got a kick out of it.

For a moment (on the custody thing), I almost thought that Arizona won because maybe Alex sent a letter to the judge or came in to testify at the last minute. But, I can see the judge's decision here and it makes sense to me. Callie wasn't thinking. I found the way she dealt with the whole "let's move to New York" thing to be incredibly selfish and thoughtless. That sort of thing is usually very endearing in a sense with Callie, but this time, no.

I felt like the Warren save at the end was too convenient and lazy.

Is it weird that my favorite moments are when Richard looks around and you can almost hear him thinking, "These people are absolutely nuts. And there's no place I'd rather be."

My issue with Meredith is that she doesn't have much to do other than have weird break-down moments and be everyone else's "person." Which is nice--the person thing--but she needs more as a character. I did like the Sound of Silence episode this season.

I agree with absolutely everything you said. I still love this show. I'm glad it isn't off the air. Yet, but I do hope they take it off before it's too late.

I think my favorite characters are Amelia, Jackson (he's just so damn hot), and Alex. I think Alex has grown sooooo much, and he has such a good heart. He tries so hard to be tough on the outside, but he's all mush inside where it counts.

This makes me sad, but she kind of irritated me last season with the whole custody thing.

Noizchild
07-26-2016, 03:53 AM
Maybe this will be the last season?

CrastersBabies
07-26-2016, 07:34 AM
I think my favorite characters are Amelia, Jackson (he's just so damn hot), and Alex. I think Alex has grown sooooo much, and he has such a good heart. He tries so hard to be tough on the outside, but he's all mush inside where it counts.

Can we PLEASE take a moment to completely go shamelessly fan-flapping over Alex? I LOVE Alex. He's really become a touchstone for the show. He was the guy nobody expected to last, to be worth a damn, to be at all interesting. Then, over the course of the entire run, he became this fully-developed, well-rounded character. I'm expecting him to be chief someday, to step up and make great things happen. He's a self-made man. I do go back and forth with his GF (Jo). She comes across as overly shrewish and shrill and completely unreasonable. I just cannot sympathize with her, even when the story tells me I should.

And I enjoy Amelia too. She's trying to hard to get out of Derek's shadow and she's done that. She's made her own way.

Ravioli
07-26-2016, 11:42 AM
I've always liked Alex Jerkovitz :D He's blunt, sensitive, loyal, and reliable. And he creates buttholes for babies!

Alpha Echo
07-26-2016, 03:28 PM
Yes to everything about Alex! Jo as well...I just feel like she's not right for him. I really did like Alex and Isabel, but alas...

I just...yes. I think Alex has definitely grown more as a character than any of the others. Well, that's not entirely true, but I feel like his character development has been natural. Real. I feel like they rushed a bit with Cristina. She was suddenly this person who could be independent from Meredith. They were so codependent and then not just so they could rush her off the show. Although Meredith's growth away from Cristina was more realistic. They gave her time to come into her own.

CrastersBabies
07-27-2016, 12:16 AM
I've always liked Alex Jerkovitz :D He's blunt, sensitive, loyal, and reliable. And he creates buttholes for babies!

OMG... comment of the year.

Yes to everything about Alex! Jo as well...I just feel like she's not right for him. I really did like Alex and Isabel, but alas...

I just...yes. I think Alex has definitely grown more as a character than any of the others. Well, that's not entirely true, but I feel like his character development has been natural. Real. I feel like they rushed a bit with Cristina. She was suddenly this person who could be independent from Meredith. They were so codependent and then not just so they could rush her off the show. Although Meredith's growth away from Cristina was more realistic. They gave her time to come into her own.

Yes! Alex's character progression was wonderful. In rewatching the series, I love his interactions with Izzy, yes, but also with Addison. I'm on season 3 and even though Alex is still in the early stages of growing, Meredith considers him one of "her people." It's so nicely laid out for his character.

I miss Addison. I just couldn't get into Private Practice. It felt like it tried to force a cohesion that just wasn't there. (Which was natural from the start on Grey's)

Noizchild
07-27-2016, 05:14 AM
I wonder how Addison would respond to Derek being dead.

CrastersBabies
07-27-2016, 10:32 AM
I wonder how Addison would respond to Derek being dead.

I do too. I'm surprised that didn't happen somehow. I love the actress. She would have rocked an episode or two with her uber abilities.

Noizchild
07-28-2016, 12:14 AM
To be honest, it feels like an obligation to watch.

Sarita
08-19-2016, 10:08 PM
I've always liked Alex Jerkovitz :D He's blunt, sensitive, loyal, and reliable. And he creates buttholes for babies! Alex is the best.

I wonder how Addison would respond to Derek being dead. Right? This is what I was talking about up-thread. No real closure.

I still really love Meredith. And I finally finished Season 12. I was glad no one died at the end. I still can't stand Amelia. Or Callie. Or Blake. Or Jo. Jesus. They're all so irritating. My only comment to my sister at the end of the season was "Dammit Maggie." Because I definitely don't hate Riggs.

Cindyt
08-20-2016, 12:11 AM
I've been wondering about Addison's reaction too. And why didn't she come to the funeral? And why didn't Christina? Your person's husband dies and you don't show up? https://static.wixstatic.com/media/8083c9_e4654976c556471eb4e41c4145c1ff7d.gif Disgusted with Patrick Dempsey for leaving without a way to come back. I hated to see Sara Ramirez go, but at least she can come back without "it was all a dream."

Sarita
08-20-2016, 12:44 AM
It's because they didn't even show the funeral. The backs of people's heads. That was the funeral. I'm sure they were all there, but we'll never know.

Cindyt
08-20-2016, 12:47 AM
I have a picture in my head of the graveside scene with them all standing there face forward. It might be a false memory, though.
It's because they didn't even show the funeral. The backs of people's heads. That was the funeral. I'm sure they were all there, but we'll never know.

Noizchild
08-20-2016, 01:13 AM
Disgusted with Patrick Dempsey for leaving without a way to come back. I hated to see Sara Ramirez go, but at least she can come back without "it was all a dream."

Hey, you piss off Shondra, you are toast. Look at Katherine Higel. Patrick was acting like a diva on set. Ms. Shondra will have none of that. Plus, even Sara leaving surprised Shondra.

Cindyt
08-20-2016, 02:35 AM
Hey, you piss off Shondra, you are toast. Look at Katherine Higel. Patrick was acting like a diva on set. Ms. Shondra will have none of that. Plus, even Sara leaving surprised Shondra.Shondra said that if she didn't like an actor she got rid of them. I have a feeling Callie will come back.

Noizchild
08-21-2016, 03:28 AM
Shondra said that if she didn't like an actor she got rid of them. I have a feeling Callie will come back.

Well, she did say she was taking some time off, so...

Sarita
08-22-2016, 05:08 PM
Hey, you piss off Shondra, you are toast. Look at Katherine Higel. Patrick was acting like a diva on set. Ms. Shondra will have none of that. Plus, even Sara leaving surprised Shondra. Actually, Dempsey said he was leaving to pursue his racing career. Maybe that's the "piss off" you're referring to, but he definitely wanted to leave the show. I think that should have been the end, actually. Have Meredith leave for Boston and end it there. Ha!

Though, I do think Shonda was giving him a big F-U by having him die in a car accident. !!!

Noizchild
08-23-2016, 04:41 AM
Actually, Dempsey said he was leaving to pursue his racing career. Maybe that's the "piss off" you're referring to, but he definitely wanted to leave the show. I think that should have been the end, actually. Have Meredith leave for Boston and end it there. Ha!

Though, I do think Shonda was giving him a big F-U by having him die in a car accident. !!!

Actually, I heard that he was acting like a diva on the set and ended up getting kicked up.