David Eddings Bio on Goodreads

konstantineblacke

Registered
Reaction score
I am on Goodreads a lot, as I like to keep track of what I read (I read heaps). Anyway, I stumbled across David Eddings' author bio, and the thing that struck me: this poor author (now deceased) will forever be remembered (aside from the books he and his wife wrote (she was un-credited in the beginning), as the guy who...well, read this:

"On January 26, 2007 it was reported that Eddings accidentally burned about a quarter of his office, next door to his house, along with his Excalibur sports car, and the original manuscripts for most of his novels. He was flushing the fuel tank of the car with water when he lit a piece of paper and threw into the puddle to test if it was still flammable."

This is in his author bio!!! And what's more, it's only three paragraphs long including the paragraph above. Kind of takes away all he achieved for the art, doesn't it?

If I had control over my bio once I'd passed, I'd hope nobody added anything in it like that LOL

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I did not know his wife was a co-writer of his. You learn something new every day!

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
She was with him every step of the way, once you see it you can tell how much fun they were having together.

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But boooooo that she did not get cover credit. Perhaps the books would have been treated differently...?

konstantineblacke

Registered
Reaction score
But boooooo that she did not get cover credit. Perhaps the books would have been treated differently...?

That is the question, isn't it?

I could only find this:

"She was a credited co-author starting in the mid-1990s. It was Lester del Rey who believed that multi-authorships were a problem and that it would be better if David Eddings' name alone appeared on the books."