PDA

View Full Version : Call for Submissions: Short horror fiction wanted for FMV videogame

Lyndavekki
02-04-2018, 01:30 PM
Hi,

My name is Lynda and along with my husband Tim I'm writing and producing The Shapeshifting Detective - an FMV videogame (FMV = full motion video, which means it uses film instead of computer generated graphics): http://shapeshiftingdetective.com/

This is our second videogame following last year's The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker: http://doctordekker.com/

We're currently looking for unusual stories to feature as part of a large, ambient soundtrack in The Shapeshifting Detective.

Instead of using a ‘map’ screen, players travel from location to location by taxi cab where they'll hear a streaming radio broadcast with a variety of programming. Up to five short atmospheric stories will be chosen to form part of this content.

The selected stories will be recorded by one of our brilliant voiceover artists or cameo streaming personalities, and in exchange for a non-exclusive right to publish your work in the game you'll receive:

• an in-game writing credit
• a free Steam key for the The Shapeshifting Detective when it's released
• a full professional recording of your story for personal use (not for resale)

HOW TO SUBMIT
Send your story to: radioaugust@shapeshiftingdetective.com

Aim for entries of between 1000 and 1500 words - but up to 5000 words will still be considered.
Please paste your story into the body of the email as we won’t be opening attachments.
Don’t worry about formatting - it’s not going to be printed!
Themes of psychological horror and strangeness preferred, no vanilla vampires please.

Closing date : 14th Feb

This is a unique opportunity to have one of your stories immortalized forever in a videogame (we're pretty sure this is something that has not been offered before)!

Any questions, please just ask.

ThomasH
02-28-2018, 08:20 PM
Darn! I just joined this community and have been looking around the forums.
I'm actually writing a series of horror short stories at the moment.

If you have a continued interest in seeking out those kinds of stories, please let me know!
I'd be happy to share one of mine with you or write a new one.

Oh, and what platforms will your game be released on? I love to support indie games.