• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Dragon Scale Publishing

BCAlexander

Registered
Reaction score
Florida... The good part... Yes, there is a good p
Hello folks! Just browsing some small press publishers and ran across this.

Website link: Dragonscalebooks.com

Anyone have any experience with them? They've been around since 2013 apparently so the pass the one year mark by quite a few.

There a few red flags I'm noting, but I'm not the best at judging these things so I thought I'd bring them here and see what everyone thinks.

Red Flags:
1.) This is a major one for me. I can't find who runs the damn publisher or who looks at acquisitions or anything. This right here is enough to send me running. But maybe I'm just looking at the wrong place. Anyone else see it?
2.) A lot of their books are done by one person. They do have other people and the only reason this is a flag for me is because of number one. How do I know this isn't the owner just publishing his own books?
3.) Their social media and blog seem to have gone dark since at least November of last year. Just doesn't seem to be much going on there.

Now, I am only bringing this up for future reference for others as well as I'm really curious if anyone knows anything about them.

The books that I've looked at on the Amazon store seem to sell okay in their selected categories and have a decent amount of reviews on quite a few (a decent amount being over 20 reviews), many positive. The reason this even came to my attention is because I'm looking to do some voice work on ACX and they posted a book to become an audiobook which means some activity. But this book is, once more, by that one author who is heavily published by them. Actually, now that I look at it, that book up for audiobook isn't even listed on their website. So add that red flag. Honestly, too much red flags for me at this point so I'm just going to post this for future reference for anyone and for it to be added to the list. Though, I'd like others to chime in on their expertise of scanning these websites and see if my flags are unfounded.

Hope everyone is having a marvelous day!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I cannot say with any solid footing, but everything you've checked out and noted as a flag points to it existing solely so one person can say s/he has a publisher, and who publishes a few friends on the side.

A good book can certainly do better, right?

Maryn, sure yours can