InCoWriMo International Correspondence Month

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I’m planning on trying to fully participate in International Correspondence Month, or InCoWriMo. Basically, the idea behind InCoWriMo is to hand-deliver or send on hand-written card or letter for every day in the month of February. There’s an official InCoWriMo Website, and I wrote about InCoWriMo for the AW blog.

During the server move, when the site was down, I heard from AWers from all over the world, and watched many of you "meet" each other on Facebook. So reading about InCoWriMo made me think about how we really are international here, with members from all over the world. I've never done a list, but I know for a fact that we have members from every state in the U.S. and province in Canada, all over the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Denmark, Nigeria, Philippines, Japan, China, Mongolia, South Africa, Zaire, Iceland, Denmark, Singapore, Morocco, India, Pakistan, Kuwait . . . and that's just a partial list off the top of my head. I thought InCoWriMo might appeal to a lot of folks.

In my case, I’m mostly planning on sending postcards (PM me if you want one!) but you can write letters or cards, mail or hand-deliver them, and they can be printed by hand or written in cursive, though they’re supposed to be hand-written.

It occurs to me that some people might be interested in Post Crossing; it’s an international post card exchange. They’ll match you with someone to send a card to, and someone else will send one to you. It’s free, and you can track your postcards via the Post Crossing website.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in! I love getting mail - makes me feel eight years old again. If AWers are playing, PM me your snail mail address if you want to see some pretty Australian stamps in your letterbox :)

Last edited:

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting. Need to look further into this.

1Bird

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, this is really cool. Thank you for sharing this. I think I might give it a try.