Admin question: how to search for artist by name?

indianroads

Wherever I go, there I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
I've set quotes out for cover art, and would like to know if anyone has used any of the artists I've selected.

How do I search for a specific name? I've plugged a name (Ben Mcleod) into the search box and get a ton of hits, but none of them seem to contain the string I searched for. I tried enclosing the string in quotes with the same result.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I plugged that name into the google site search at the lower left of this and every other page at AW. No hits.

Metruis

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.feedthemultiverse.com
Well, I can only speak for myself in that I have an Upwork page with reviews from past clients for future clients to see what my past clients thought of the experience. You could ask them if they have something like that available. There simply may be no public feedback available on your potential artist, in which case you could ask to speak to a past client.

indianroads

Wherever I go, there I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
Well, I can only speak for myself in that I have an Upwork page with reviews from past clients for future clients to see what my past clients thought of the experience. You could ask them if they have something like that available. There simply may be no public feedback available on your potential artist, in which case you could ask to speak to a past client.

That's probably the case. The return of the search was pretty much everything on this site instead of "not found". It's not a big deal.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I've set quotes out for cover art, and would like to know if anyone has used any of the artists I've selected.

How do I search for a specific name? I've plugged a name (Ben Mcleod) into the search box and get a ton of hits, but none of them seem to contain the string I searched for. I tried enclosing the string in quotes with the same result.

The only reference to Ben Mcleod on AW is your post. You'd do better to use Google's Advanced Search and put his name in quotation marks. Be sure to check Web sites and Images, both.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I was using the "Advanced Search" window at the top-right of the main forum list.

There are too many posts to search effectively via the vBulletin search.

Use the Google Search at the bottom of every forum page. It's faster and more accurate.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't like to recall how many years I'd been here before I realized that Google search was on every page, in plain sight. I never use the other one now.