Minor Health issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddle Jumper

Well I've got a minor health question that I wondered if anyone knows a remedy for, but thought I'd title it so that if anyone else had a minor health question they could post it if they wanted.

Anyway...

I've been belching most of the day, not like regular belches, just like a little gas bubble or something that makes no sound but leaves an absolute awful taste in my mouth (kind of like eggs but I haven't eaten any eggs recently) and I've been doing this rather frequently. I tried taking Tums and that didn't do anything for it. Does anyone else know what this is like and knows a good remedy for it?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Puddle Jumper said:
Well I've got a minor health question that I wondered if anyone knows a remedy for, but thought I'd title it so that if anyone else had a minor health question they could post it if they wanted.

Anyway...

I've been belching most of the day, not like regular belches, just like a little gas bubble or something that makes no sound but leaves an absolute awful taste in my mouth (kind of like eggs but I haven't eaten any eggs recently) and I've been doing this rather frequently. I tried taking Tums and that didn't do anything for it. Does anyone else know what this is like and knows a good remedy for it?
It's a well know medical infact that belching can lead to increased aging.

old2.jpg

Puddle Jumper

SpookyWriter said:
It's a well know medical infact that belching can lead to increased aging.
What is it with you tonight and posting pictures of old bitter faces?

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OMGosh, I thought I was the only one. I get that too, but I don't know what it is. I had it real bad when I went on steroids a few weeks ago. I am also lactose intollerant with milk. I thought it was the steroids or the sourcream I ate or the cheese on the pizza I ate. :Shrug: I looked it up on web md and they didn't offer any answers either. It went away and I'm alive.

Terri

Puddle Jumper

writerterri said:
OMGosh, I thought I was the only one. I get that too, but I don't know what it is. I had it real bad when I went on steroids a few weeks ago. I am also lactose intollerant with milk. I thought it was the steroids or the sourcream I ate or the cheese on the pizza I ate. :Shrug: I looked it up on web md and they didn't offer any answers either. It went away and I'm alive.

Terri
Great, glad to know someone else knows what it's like. Always comforting. It might be indigestion.

Know any good cures for indigestion?

Spook, you are so not helpful. :e2moon:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Puddle Jumper said:
Okay, Dr. Spooky here. I did a quick search and found this article:

Egg breath. This type of bad breath is much more apparent in those people with a bacterial build up on the very back of their tongue ...

Article

And this abdomen; stomach; burping, belching; tasting like yolk of egg; apis.

Last edited:

AdamH

Pumped Up Kicks
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been belching but I've been noticing that I've been breaking some wind in the general direction of my significant other. I think she appreciates the thought but I can't tell through the fog that's been forming in the room. Also, I'm getting offended that she's wearing a gas mask.

Is it just me?

I'll have to worry about it tomorrow. Good night, y'all!

Puddle Jumper

SpookyWriter said:
Okay, Dr. Spooky here. I did a quick search and found this article:

Egg breath. This type of bad breath is much more apparent in those people with a bacterial build up on the very back of their tongue ...

Article

And this abdomen; stomach; burping, belching; tasting like yolk of egg; apis.
Except bacterial build up on the back of my tongue wouldn't cause belching. Perhaps it's an effect of indigestion.

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
Have you tried drinking half a teaspoon of baking soda in half a glass of warm water? It tastes lousy, but it eases a sour stomach.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Puddle Jumper said:
Except bacterial build up on the back of my tongue wouldn't cause belching. Perhaps it's an effect of indigestion.
I agree that you might have indigestion. But diet? I am not a medical professional, I only pretend when dissecting patients. If this problem continues, I would visit my family doctor.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
reph said:
Have you tried drinking half a teaspoon of baking soda in half a glass of warm water? It tastes lousy, but it eases a sour stomach.
Be careful not to take a lot of baking soda because it can cause you to have excessive bladder losses.

Puddle Jumper

reph said:
Does it taste worse than alka seltzer?

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
Puddle Jumper said:
Does it taste worse than alka seltzer?
I couldn't tell you. It tastes something like salty water. I've never had Alka-Seltzer.

SpookyW, "bladder losses"? What are you talking about? The only danger I know of with baking soda is that a person who must avoid sodium shouldn't take it.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
reph said:
I couldn't tell you. It tastes something like salty water. I've never had Alka-Seltzer.

SpookyW, "bladder losses"? What are you talking about? The only danger I know of with baking soda is that a person who must avoid sodium shouldn't take it.
I've taken two spoons of baking soda and had the peewee really bad. I was stupid and did the same thing again and guess what? Yep, uncontrolled bladder. Pizzed like a race horse for almost ten minutes. Be careful...

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
SpookyWriter said:
I've taken two spoons of baking soda and had the peewee really bad.
Maybe that was an overdose or you drank a lot of water with it? Strange. I've never heard of that reaction. People usually take half a teaspoon.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
reph said:
Maybe that was an overdose or you drank a lot of water with it? Strange. I've never heard of that reaction. People usually take half a teaspoon.
Half a teaspoon? OMG! No wonder I was pissing like a darn horse.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
it's a wonder you didn't explode Spooky.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maddwriter said:
I haven't been belching but I've been noticing that I've been breaking some wind in the general direction of my significant other. I think she appreciates the thought but I can't tell through the fog that's been forming in the room. Also, I'm getting offended that she's wearing a gas mask.

Is it just me?

I'll have to worry about it tomorrow. Good night, y'all!

I need to get a gas mask too.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Puddle Jumper said:
Great, glad to know someone else knows what it's like. Always comforting. It might be indigestion.

Know any good cures for indigestion?

I thought so too but nothing I took helped. What ever it was created the air in my stomach on it's own and a lot of it too. Jon found something called apis. I'll have to look into it.

Ps.Crack kills. :tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.