• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Polyethnic Publishing

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
I got a favorite from an apparent publisher on an old (ish) #pitmad tweet. I'm not even sure it's a request because I don't see any submission instructions, but I looked into it out of curiosity. I don't plan on submitting any time soon, but I'm curious what others thinks (and like to do my due diligence in case others are in need of information)

There are some things I like about their website, and things I don't.

http://thepolyethnic.com/

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
Hmm. Well, I like some of their covers, but it sounds like the author does most of his or her own promotion and marketing (on their submissions page they say: "Currently, we are looking for a well-written manuscript over 20,000 words created by a strong author who is highly active and passionate about promoting their works to the global community."). [emphasis mine]

Also, taking a random sampling of their books on Amazon, I see that most have a sales rank right around a million at best and few reviews. So even if the publisher does do some marketing, it doesn't appear to be all that effective.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I do like their covers, and I give them points for recommending an author have an agent. But if they're unable to market their books, really all an author is getting by going through them rather than self-publishing is a cover and a publisher name.

Although the publisher "started" in 2014, it was a high-school project back then, then a review site and book promoter. The publisher seems to have legitimately started in 2017. As with anything, best to wait a couple of years to see how it's doing. Especially when your editor is 19 years old ;)

Very strange that books in process, just signed, and being rewritten already have covers.

Fantasy_freak

Registered
Reaction score
Stay away from them! It is a company started by a bunch of teenagers - although possibly in their early 20s now? None of them have any professional qualifications or industry experience. The owner makes claims about having best selling books that are unsubstantiated and the books don't appear anywhere. They are preying on naive writers on Wattpad and snapping up as many rights as they can. They are also using copyrighted photos for their covers without having the appropriate commercial licenses which is a law suit waiting to happen. There are threads about their unethical practices and behaviour on Wattpad (since they are targeting that demographic) but I'm not sure if I am allowed to link discussion on other sites here?