PDA

View Full Version : I finished a posthumous book and eventually want to publish it.

forsusan
12-19-2017, 10:41 PM
I'm not sure how I did it, but I finished a book that my late wife wanted me to publish. She wrote everything on paper so I had to type it into word, find photos, proof read, write a forward, etc. Eventually I would like to publish it. It will be a minor miracle since this will probably be the only thing I will ever publish. I considered this a labor of love and a mission. That's what motivated me to finish the project.

Siri Kirpal
12-19-2017, 10:43 PM
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Wow! What a gift of love!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

forsusan
12-19-2017, 10:54 PM
Thank you!!

Marlys
12-19-2017, 10:58 PM
Sounds like a great project! One potential thing to look into before publishing: were you her only heir, or if not did she specifically will the copyright of her work to you?

Maggie Maxwell
12-19-2017, 10:58 PM
Man, that's really good of you, and something I'd hope my own husband would attempt in the event of my passing. I wish you the best of luck.

forsusan
12-19-2017, 11:22 PM
Good point! I'm her only heir.

forsusan
12-19-2017, 11:25 PM
I had a chance to talk with Susan at length about her wishes. Of course I know that this is only the beginning but I would like to get this out to the public.

Siri Kirpal
12-20-2017, 03:07 AM
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

I would use the fact that the book is posthumous in your promotional materials. Do wander around the site. Lots of good ideas here. (But do understand, not everyone here is a professional.)

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal