Conncecting Words

Puddle Jumper

I just thought up an idea for a new game. I think the best way to explain it is just to post an example.

If I start with the word...

Out

The second person to post will take my word and add a word to it to make it one longer word. The second person might post...

Outside

The third person will then drop the first word and take the second person's word and make it the first word in their long word. The third person might post...

Sideway

The fourth person will then drop the first word and take the third person's word and make it the first word in their long word. The fourth person might post...

Wayside

Now remember, the word you add must be a real word by itself. So for that last one, Wayfarer would be incorrect because farer is not a word. Now there may come a word where no word you add to it would make a real word. It's okay to add a word that doesn't make a real word so that the game keeps going. So if nothing could be added to way to make a real word, you could post something like Wayjog.

Hope that makes sense.

I'll start...

Sea

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
great game..ive seen it done with go-together phrases also..like say, sea monkey.., then someone could expand on monkey..like, monkey brains..would that work or are we just sticking to compound words ?

Puddle Jumper

Compound words. But as I said they don't have to be real words, just as long as there are two real words connected. So you could connect sea and monkey and make it one word.

Puddle Jumper

wadsquad

(You can put two words together that don't make a real word if you can't think of a real word.)