PDA

View Full Version : Reward for notebook return

autumnleaf
12-15-2017, 04:49 PM
On the first page of my Moleskine notebook, you can enter a return address and a reward "in case of loss".

Apart from "my undying gratitude and a mention in the Acknowledgements section of my published book", what is considered a justifiable reward?

Tazlima
12-15-2017, 06:28 PM
I think you should have some fun with it. People might return it just to meet the person who gave them a chuckle.

- One-and-a-half used lamps.
- A bag of skittles or a game of skittles - recipient's choice.

Marian Perera
12-16-2017, 02:09 PM
Tape a dime to the page. "Only a foretaste of the riches that shall be yours if this book be returned."

frimble3
12-19-2017, 06:40 AM
On the first page of my Moleskine notebook, you can enter a return address and a reward "in case of loss".

Apart from "my undying gratitude and a mention in the Acknowledgements section of my published book", what is considered a justifiable reward?
I think your reward of 'undying gratitude and a mention' is an excellent idea, in that it discourages dreams of negotiating the offer upwards.
"I want more."
"Fine, I'll put your name in all caps."
It is, after all, a writer's notebook - financial value, on it's own, is nil. It's what you're going to do with the material that has value.

frimble3
12-19-2017, 06:42 AM
Tape a dime to the page. "Only a foretaste of the riches that shall be yours if this book be returned."

I love this, funny and it makes no wild promises, except, possibly, in the finder's mind.

Tazlima
12-19-2017, 08:04 AM
Lol, I like this! The reward could be an entire ROLL of dimes.

DragonHeart
01-01-2018, 04:29 AM
I wrote cookies as the reward for mine...who doesn't like cookies, seriously. And I would totally bake cookies for anyone who returned my journal if I lost it.

Paul Lamb
09-18-2019, 03:36 PM
My son was flying home from Kenya (he was in the Peace Corps) and left his journal in the seat pocket in front of him. He despaired of ever getting this back, but he phoned the airline and they had retrieved it. (Apparently they see all kinds of stuff.) So he got it back.

I put my full address on the first page of my journal when I start a new one. I've never lost one, but I feel good knowing that it could find its way back to me if I did.