• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Fyre and Brimstone Publishing

Raptor

Registered
Reaction score
Took part in #Kidpit today and got a pitch liked by Fyre and Brimstone Pubishing.

Link: http://fyreandbrimstonepublishing.com

They say their staff has been involved in writing industry for a combined 20+ years, but they don't offer names or anything of who is on their team or what they have done in the past. Their webpage is not professional, at all. You will need to scroll down past the giant banner on every page to see the text.

At this point, I'd say be SUPER wary of them.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The site is very author-centric, rather than being aimed at readers/book buyers. This may be because they don't appear to have any publications as yet.

The Facebook page for the company reveals one "team member" name: Tiffany Heiser, who is listed as "Graphics Artist." (The FB page also classifies the company as a "Consulting Agency," which I don't quite understand). Ms. Heiser's LinkedIn profile contains minimal background information. Her website states:

Tiffany Heiser is the owner of Tiffany Heiser Graphics & Fyre and Brimestone (sic) Publishing. She is a self-taught graphic artist, an author, publisher, & a loving mom.

Ms. Heiser has two books listed on Amazon, both published by Kae Wilson Publishing. I've not found any internet footprint for this publisher and indeed, neither book is currently available for sale. (My suspicion is that both books were self-published, as Kae appears to be Ms. Heiser's middle name and at one point she was married to someone with the last name Wilson.) Her website also offers both custom and pre-made covers, at prices in keeping with the skill level of the designs offered.

With no publishing track record and no other principals (with experience) listed except for Ms. Heiser, I'd steer clear of the company myself.

Last edited:

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
Let's also mention that Tiffany Heiser's two books were released in 2011 and show themselves to be "Out of Print, Limited Availability" on the Amazon page. She seems to have done the cover for an author, and for some reason has her name on the page as cover designer. The book was published in 2016, paperback only, no ebook, no Look Inside option.

The publisher, Fantasy Works Publishing, folded in 2016. If that is the extent of her publishing experience, RUN.

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?305493-Fantasy-Works-Publishing