PDA

View Full Version : Book cover feedback

Anna Iguana
11-02-2017, 07:53 PM
I'd appreciate any opinions on three possible covers.

Option #1
[removed]

Option #2
[removed]

Option #3
[removed]

Myrealana
11-02-2017, 07:57 PM
I find the fish swimming through the girl's head in the first one to be very distracting, disturbing, in fact.

I like 2 or 3, not sure I love the font, though. It's so curly I find the words hard to distinguish.
Option 2 would make me expect sad, maybe mournful poems, while option 3 feels more hopeful and potentially upbeat.

veinglory
11-02-2017, 09:24 PM
I prefer the first one but would suggest recoloring the under-eye area to avoid it looking like bruises and maybe going for a slightly easier-to-read font. They are all workable covers.

Fruitbat
11-02-2017, 10:52 PM
I like the first one. The big, possibly troubled face is interesting. She looks like she has stuff to tell. It also gives me a good idea of what the book is about- her, a young woman's perspective and life.

The whale just confuses me, in a coming-of-age collection. I'm also less drawn in to the more distant pics on number two and three.

insolentlad
11-03-2017, 11:55 PM
I prefer the first as well. And the type is the most readable of the three.

kevinwaynewilliams
11-04-2017, 08:37 AM
I'm having a really hard time integrating "coming of age", "whales", and "slide a mirror to me". Maybe I'd pick it up out of curiousity, but whatever your message is, I'm not receiving it clearly. That's a problem for a cover.

JDlugosz
11-04-2017, 09:49 AM
I find the title itself hard to read, with #3 being the worst.

Jeff Bond
11-05-2017, 07:18 AM
Hard choice because they're all solid to me. (I expect the cover of a poetry book to be more evocative than declarative, so I don't share the others' concerns.) I'll take #3 mostly on gut feeling. #1 is interesting, but it takes me a couple beats to process what's going on.

Best of luck with it!

Anna Iguana
11-06-2017, 07:10 AM
Thank you all so much!