American Idol Daughtry's votes misdirected???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Idol fans, check this out:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12748906/

American Idol" sent rocker Chris Daughtry home Wednesday night, but Daughtry's fans aren't quite ready to let him go. At least one online petition, with more than 16,000 names attached, is calling for a recount of the "American Idol" votes. MSNBC.com has received numerous e-mails and bulletin board posts claiming that voters who dialed the first of Daughtry's two phone numbers were greeted by a recorded message from "Idol" singer Katharine McPhee, thanking the caller for voting for her. According to Wednesday night's show, McPhee received the second-lowest number of votes, after Daughtry. The Associated Press cited Tracey Adams, a family friend of Daughtry's, saying that fans from his North Carolina hometown were among those who heard another contestant's voice when calling for Daughtry.

One fan who wrote to MSNBC.com said: "They had another voting mess-up. When I called to vote for Chris, Katharine says Thanks for voting for me. I thought I dialed the wrong number, so I tried again to hear Katharine, again. People were trying to vote for Chris...not Katharine! That's why Chris went home......GRRRR...REDO please!”

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12748906/#storyContinued

Other voters claimed that they were able to get through on both of Daughtry's numbers and heard his voice, not McPhee's. Still others said that despite calling solidly for two hours, they were never able to get through and place a vote for Daughtry.

As of Friday afternoon, FOX had not responded to several requests for comment.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Why do people insist on making such a deal out of nothing?? He's gone. So? He's famous, from what I see. I bet he can get a record deal somewhere.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
was this woman involved?

katherine-harris.jpg

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the scare! Gee...wake up from a nap to another horrible nightmare. :tongue

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
You know what, Dama? That's an interesting point. For years and years I've prided myself on not caring about things I've deemed inconsequential. But you know what I've found? Life's too short. Perspective is the finest thing in the world, but getting a little thrill over nothing or a sting of indignance in your workaday life is better than coffee.

So, I care - in measure. And now I don't worry so much about the big, grey gulf between what matters and what doesn't. I wrote something a long time ago that has become a little personal mantra for me:

It's all trivia of the utmost consequence.

Last edited:

DeniseK

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Oooooh, I care, boy do I care. I DO NOT want Katherine McPhee to win. It almost sounds like a fix was in.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Perks said:
Perspective is the finest thing in the world, but getting a little thrill over nothing or a sting of indignance in your workaday life is better than coffee.

I get a thrill out of watching my dog play with a moth, or a bird building a nest on the roof of my house, or a cat eating my dog's food and my dog getting angry over that, or my dog hiding beneath my brother's bed (btw she barely fits there) because she's in a bad mood.

I guess there's just priorities, but I do assure you I do get excited and happy about the small things in life. It's just that I feel reality shows to be kind of on the sad side, if you know what I mean.

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
I, for one, would much rather let the American voting public choose their latest marketing bonanza instead of letting greasy old men hidden in the background choose for them.

I used to be against American Idol, but then I realized that no one let's them use correcting software, and no one survives to the end if they don't have consistancy.

I don't watch the show, at all. However, I am happy to see this kind of news.

I can only imagine what poor, talented person was shoved aside for the Jessia Simpson amrketing bonanza. In American Idol, the audienc is supposed to be part of the decision. They're supposed to get pissed when something unfair happens, like the more-talented individual losing.

If only this happened at the Shammies -- er, I mean, the Grammies.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
DamaNegra said:
It's just that I feel reality shows to be kind of on the sad side, if you know what I mean.
I guess I do know what you mean and I'll work on feeling ashamed of my shallowness.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I just hope Chris is still able to get a record deal. He's a very good singer and performer and I was really looking forward to see him go to the finals. If it was a fix, I think AI just shot themselves in the foot.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Perks said:
I guess I do know what you mean and I'll work on feeling ashamed of my shallowness.
Story of my life, Perks.

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you figure it out, will you let me know?
DamaNegra said:
I guess there's just priorities, but I do assure you I do get excited and happy about the small things in life. It's just that I feel reality shows to be kind of on the sad side, if you know what I mean.
I consider most of them that way, but every now and then I'll see something that touches me. Music is a huge part of my life and to find somebody that I enjoy hearing (and watching, let's face it Chris is hot), means something to me. It's my little bit of pleasure.

I haven't actually watched a full season until this year. Chris caught me with his voice. I didn't realize just how much until he left.

And Perks, I figured it out. It comes down to jealousy. Blackheart aspires to be Simon.

Last edited:

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you figure it out, will you let me know?
DamaNegra said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

I seriously need to get a life. Or get working. Nah, I'll get a life.
Ok, but you have to refrain from responding to this thread. That way we will all think that you aren't really here. But we know you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.