Manuscript question.

Will Collins

Will Collins
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

An agent requested my full manuscript and is currently reading it, but just now a second agent has requested a full. When sending the manuscript to the second agent do I mention another agent might be interested?

Thanks in advance.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
You don't need to mention it. They'll assume others are reading. The only time you need to tell one agent that another is reading is if you get an offer of representation. Then you notify all of the agents currently reading to let them know.

CameronJohnston

Great Old One
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cameronjohnston.net
Cyia has the right of it. I sent my first subs out in a batch of 6, which i think is reasonable number to deal with/to figure out if your query letter and pitch is working.

Sometimes they will ask if anybody is reading it, or want a period of time to read it exclusively. Only then do you need to advise them.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
My advice is not to say anything, though it is tempting to let them know somebody else also has the full. Now, if they ask you whether another agent is reading the full, that's different. After seeking advice from AW gurus (see recent post in this forum called 'Why do Agents ask these questions') I decided from now on to tell agents who ask if others are already reading my full. And name them if requested. But again, only if they ask.
HTH

Will Collins

Will Collins
Registered
Reaction score
Ah okay, thank you everyone. I'll only mention it if asked.