• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

KissLibrary

citymouse

fantasy dweller
Registered
Reaction score
I'm hearing a lot of noise about this outfit: KissLibrary.com. The noise is that this website is capturing and selling pirated books. The thing is, when I try to search their URL all I get is either a blank page, or I'm directed to a 'for sale domain' page, but they aren't listed. Does anyone here have any information?

Thanks!
C

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I accessed the website without issue: https://kisslibrary.com/

If you check their "About Us" pulldown menu, there's a section labelled "DMCA" which states:

KissLibrary is fully cooperative and compliant following the guidelines dictated by DMCA.

That's followed by a form you can fill out to have pirated copies deleted from the site.

citymouse

fantasy dweller
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I tried to access the site using your link without success. My cookies are enabled and my Adblock is disabled for the site, and yet nothing. Curious.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Uhhhhhhh...after clicking on a few titles (trying to make out the name in the upper left corner of the covers, which led me here, after finding the name plastered right under the title on the front cover of a few books) this appeared in the space where you'd expect a synopsis:

Good day. It’s my pleasure meeting you, and that you enjoying your day? Can you allowed me to introduce my self to you. My name is name redacted . I will like to get acquainted with you. please I'll be glad if you write to me or send your email address direct at my private email address (email redacted) because i have some important thing i will like to discuss with you privately.
Hope to hear from you soon.
name redacted.
As did this, on another book:

There appear to be a number of mistakes and missing words in the copy I downloaded to read on my kindle. The writing seems a little confused, but as I haven't read the original I can't be sure if there are other mistakes as well. I was enjoying the story, but missing words became very distracting.
Feedbooks is an online distributor based in France, having released several hundred public domain titles. Their mark appears on many covers on KissLibrary's site, a distributor based in Belarus. While Feedbooks does seem to include new releases, KissLibrary seems only interested in public domain titles...quite a few already available from Feedbooks...which gets titles from Project Gutenberg Australia (these appear to be free, as they are on the PGA site). I don't know how much KissLibrary is pirating from other sources but their main "supplier" appears to be Feedbooks, from initial investigation.

Since I'm not familiar with either site, I certainly won't be downloading any titles, even freebies (as much as I'd like a copy of Metropolis for my nook reader? It's available from Barnes & Noble, where I don't mind dropping a couple bucks since it's a site I know and purchase from regularly.)

Last edited:

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
KissLibrary had all my books on their site without permission. They were quick to remove them when I sent a DMCA takedown notice. (It may have helped that I alerted my publishers who also jumped on them.)