Calling for Submissions - Stardustpress.com

Vivienne.Long

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this loop. Let me introduce myself. My name is Vivienne and I am connected to this new, wonderful, upcoming royalty-paying e-publisher -- StarDust Press. This venture has been long on the negotiations table, and I am happy and excited to be able to announce to you today that --

StarDust Press (http://www.stardustpress.com) is now open for business!

We are calling for authors, published and unpublished, to join our new team! Comprehensive guidelines can be found on our website, so please head on over to check it out! If you have any queries, feel free to send me an email at [email protected]

Our door is always open to you!

Vivienne

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Vivienne, 9 posts and one reply with identical content is considered spamming. I suggest that you delete all but the most appropriate one or two before you attract some outside moderation.

Vivienne.Long

Right. Thanks, veinglory. I suppose I just didn't think of it.

Going to do it now...

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Thanks for understanding.

If you are interested in any particular type of submission I encourage to you discuss it here. I find myself somewhat bewildered the by number of new publishers and having something specific to go on is a great help. Otherwise I tend to stay with the onesI already know, conservative wee beasty than I am.

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
I hate to be critical but

Ummmm...Typos on the website do not make a very favorable impression....menage a trios...purpose prose

Also your "About us" doesn't say much in terms of owners' experience qualifications etc.

Vivienne.Long

Thank you so much, Barbara, for pointing out our mistakes. :) We've already made the necessary corrections and will be going through everything with a fine-toothed comb again. Starting a new business always have its hiccups, and I feel that we're so fortunate as to have people like you to help us be better.

Veinglory, to answer your question, StarDust Press is looking for erotic romance in all genres. Vamps, weres, wizards, witches, they're all welcome! In terms of heat level, the hotter the better, of course! ;) We'd like to see some BDSM, alternate lifestyles and sexualities too. Our minimum word count is 15,000 words. We pay royalties of 40% of cover price.

Does anyone have any more questions? We're also trying to gather together a list of faq. Thanks!

Vivienne
StarDust Press
http://www.stardustpress.com

Vivienne.Long

Oh, I forgot to add that we would be posting the bios of the people behind the company as well, so that all of you can get to know us better. ;)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I think it's great to leave the field open but I was wondering if there was anything specific you might like to see. Otherwise I am still left with a field of 20-30 erotic romance epublishers and no clear way to see which is a best fit for me (especially for those without a backlist?)