The Confession Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mine?

Alright, fine, I'll admit it. I'm an Office Joke Thief. Started out as a Classroom Joke Thief in high school, took my comedy-criminal-career to college, and now am currently using my fiendish skill in the business world.

That's right, your witty observations aren't safe around me. I'm the guy sitting next to you in the meeting who hears you make an amusing, possibly hysterical comment under your breath. I chuckle, to let you know that I heard you, giving you a false sense of security--a moment to smile--and then... I repeat what you just said, only aloud, and claim it as my own. I bask in the silky warmth of compliments: "Johnny you're always so funny!" "How do you come up with them!" "You want to come to my party this weekend? You'll be such a hit!"

Slack jawed, you stare at me, but I am impervious to your accusing eyes. You had one chance at acceptance, one chance at being invited to a party that I was already going to be invited to, and I just robbed it from you. Now you face another weekend alone with Michael Bolton comeback albums, Arby's, and the NBC primetime lineup.

But what can you do? "Stop laughing everyone! It was my joke, I was just too scared to say it out loud! I'm the funny one, honest!" HA! I telepathically laugh at you while telling the other co-workers "I don't know man, they just come to me!"

Yes, this is my confession. I am the Office Joke Thief. If you want credit for your joke, have the balls to speak up, to proclaim it to the heavens, or I will thieve it as nothing has been thieved in the history of thievery. And show zero remorse...

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Maryn, who found it not all that interesting

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and I must also confess to biting Maryn's style way too often on this board (something many of us can confess to).

Johnny, who just confessed to biting Maryn's style...

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
I am really chunky C. and this is what I look like...
:e2fairy:
That is my confession for today... see me Friday for another one...

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
EmoteSsh.gif

September, who is taking the fifth!

special needs

Resident Airhead
Registered
Reaction score
I have a sexy picture of a sexy man under my saddle. That's my confession. Only the groom who saddles my horses knows. :D

But it's not as good as being a joke stealer.... you naughty theif!

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I dated a much much much younger man just to get my feel good genes going again...he was just a senior in high school but really hot! Oh, I was around in my mid twenties. I'm just a naughty girl.

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, just dated, no hanky panky in case you think I broke any laws...lol!

roach

annoyed and annoying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.idiorhythmic.net
I stole money from my baby to buy candy.

Charlotte turned two last week. When we got together with my mother-in-law over the weekend she gave Charlotte some lucky money (money put into a red envelope, it's a Chinese tradition). Charlotte took the envelope and threw it on the ground as a piece of red paper is clearly not as interesting as the empty boxes in the hallway. I took the lucky money and we all headed out to Chinatown.

After dinner we walked the mall and stopped in at the Aji Ichiban store for some dried plums (which I intended to smuggle into the movie theatre later that night, $3.25 for a box of Dots my ***!). I got my salty/sweet/sour dried plums and headed to the cash register. My total was $5.00. A sign behind the counter told me that I had to have a $10.00 minimum to use a credit/debit card. All I had was $1.00 in cash.

Peeking into the lucky money envelope I saw a $20 bill. I decided that I could use the money and replace it later after a trip to the ATM. So I look around, see my mother-in-law at the other side of the store and proceed to take out the money in order to hand to the cashier. At which point the cashier catches sight of the red envelope and says in a loud voice, "Oooooh! You have lucky money." I presume she thought that it was a birthday present or something.

At which point my mother-in-law comes running up to the counter with her snacks saying, "I have cash if you need it."

Caught red-handed.

The plums were delicious by the way.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I confess, yes, I ruined three lives
Did not care 'til I found out that one of them was mine
-- The English Beat

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I would confess but there's a chance someone I know might read this.

The only safe secret is the one you don't share...

All I'll say is: I did it and you'll never prove it.

Lady of Prose

Member - the "Sting Gang."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in love with my butler.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Confess????? Hrumph...make me! :wag: And even then, if I do, do you think you could believe me?

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!(with lotza spit flying, too)

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
There is one thing I did in college that I always feel horrible about. I stole a doll from a 3-year-old. I can't believe I did that!
emoticoncry.gif
It still bothers me. I'll probably never get over it. If I could find that little , I'd make it up to her.

(was dating a guy and he gave another student a ride home one day, she had a little . the child left the doll in his car and the guy gave it to me because i had said it was a cute doll. two days later, while i viisted at his apartment, the mom and came looking for the doll. the little was upset and i was going to tell her i had it and give it back but my bf said not to, that this will stop them from always asking for rides. it bothered me for the longest time and i later hated myself for listening to him and not returning it.) i'm a terrible person.

Status
Not open for further replies.