I need to be talked down off the ledge (metaphorically)

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever said this. Not out loud, anyway. Not sure I've ever even thought it. This is what it's come to. My illusions have been exploded, my expectations are ashes.

I--I--I...

I'm thinking of buying a Mac.

Oh, GOD, I said it! (I'm so sorry) :e2cry:

Windows 10 has just pissed me off one time too many, :Headbang: and I don't see it getting better any time soon. Now that I don't have to support other people's computers any more, I can do what I damned well want.

I think I want a Mac.

I feel so dirty. :e2bummed:

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
My commiserations. I wouldn't have Windows 10 if you gave it to me. In fact, when I bought my new computer (a year ago) I insisted they install Windows 7 in it (I happened to have a spare copy sitting at home doing nothing).

If you can't go backward to Windows 7 (or 8 *shudder*), I don't see any problem with buying a Mac. It'd probably be better than having to deal with the utter mess that is Windows 10.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
I don't think I've ever said this. Not out loud, anyway. Not sure I've ever even thought it. This is what it's come to. My illusions have been exploded, my expectations are ashes.

I--I--I...

I'm thinking of buying a Mac.

Oh, GOD, I said it! (I'm so sorry) :e2cry:

Windows 10 has just pissed me off one time too many, :Headbang: and I don't see it getting better any time soon. Now that I don't have to support other people's computers any more, I can do what I damned well want.

I think I want a Mac.

I feel so dirty. :e2bummed:
:roll: This is why I'm sticking with Windows7 as long as I can. Besides, my monitor isn't compatible with Windows10.
8083c9_e4654976c556471eb4e41c4145c1ff7d.gif

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A mac is a beautiful thing. And their after-sales service is exactly what after-sales service should be. Once you get over the shame of it all, you'll never go back, Dennis. Srsly*

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What shame? Macs are the best. Fewer virus/malware threats, there's a genius bar at the Mac store and they don't charge you to find out what's wrong (mostly).

My Mac desktop had a monitor failure after a half dozen years, but that's not unusual for this built-in obsolescence tech world. My MacBook has never had any issues except replacing the power cord. Watch that, it's a common failure.

Go for it, you'll be fine.

Last edited:

noirdood

Registered
Reaction score
I bought Windows because in the local real estate world you could not get the MLS on Mac. You can now, several years later. Mac is the best. A guy I know has a Mac with two brains -- one runs Mac stuff and one runs Windows stuff. He has a real estate magazine and he gets files in every format known to man and beast and has to translate them into something he can put in a magazine. Mac or Windows, it's just a tool like a monkey wrench. US or Metric? You need to be ready for anything. Don't be a slave to one monkey wrench or the other.

gbondoni

Registered
Reaction score
I use a mac all the time (also use a PC sometimes), and find that, of the two, the Mac is easier to use and more practical for most things. But you will take a bit of time to get used to the differences.