• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Waterhouse Press

StoryofWoe

Sick and pale with grief.
Registered
Reaction score
Website Link

Does anyone have experience with or information about this publisher? From what I can tell, it's a relatively new (2014) venture from bestselling romance author Meredith Wild. They're open to direct submissions, but after perusing their stable of authors, I can't tell if they're only open to previously self-published authors with phenomenal sales. FWIW, I posed this question to them on Twitter and they simply referred me to their submission guidelines.

From their About page:
Waterhouse stands apart as a publisher that not only appreciates a strong and memorable story, but one that focuses on creating powerful, lasting brands for each of its authors. Our team prides itself on providing a highly-tailored publishing and marketing experience to the selectively chosen authors on our roster.

Last edited:

Madame Medusa

Registered
Reaction score
FWIW - they've removed their submissions page altogether from their site. You can still find it by Google search, but I'm thinking this might be a not-so-subtle hint.

StoryofWoe

Sick and pale with grief.
Registered
Reaction score
FWIW - they've removed their submissions page altogether from their site. You can still find it by Google search, but I'm thinking this might be a not-so-subtle hint.
Are you sure? The link is still there for me when I type in their Waterhousepress.com address. On the far right, after "News." Two different browsers. And it works when I click it.

Madame Medusa

Registered
Reaction score
I tried it on two different browsers, but it doesn't show up with either. Nothing after the link for News. :( Have you tried clearing your browser history and then going back to their home page?

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Are you sure? The link is still there for me when I type in their Waterhousepress.com address. On the far right, after "News." Two different browsers. And it works when I click it.

I just tried it myself, having never been to this site before. The submission page is there for me, right where SoW said.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Nah, they have that link set up to be hidden on mobile, but their test for that is whether your browser window is over or under 800px high. Weird choice.

Huh. That's such a strange requirement. Yeah, it's spot on: shrink the browser window, and the text vanishes.