Happy Birthday and take care, My-Immortal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo

Travelling the re-write road
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I know... this seems early to most of you... but here in Oz it's May 10 and has been for more than 12 hours!

So, let the party begin!

:partyguy: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, M-I! Have a great one!

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
emotePartySmiley.gif

*Singing* El día en que tu naciste, gritaron los doctores, y en la pira del bautizo cantaron los guajolotes

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all very much for the birthday and well wishes. It has been a difficult past few weeks and I'm reluctant to share everything here in my birthday thread because this thread is supposed to be for fun but I also don't want to start another thread simply to post what has been filling my time...

A mixture of good and bad news (for those that care).

The good - my wife is pregnant. For those that didn't know, she had a miscarriage the week before Thanksgiving, so we are very happy that we have another little one on the way. It was touch and go for a couple of weeks, and the wife is on some meds now, but so far baby is doing okay (though my wife is having morning sickness basically all day long). She's due in Dec. Also, good news, my sister is pregnant and due in Oct.

Both of my sister-in-laws were also pregnant, but they have unfortunately had miscarriages - one a few weeks ago - and the other - just yesterday. My inlaws have lost three potential grandchildren in less than six months.

Also sad news - on Easter, my brother had a massive heart attack and passed away in his home. He was only 41 years old. I still can't believe he's gone.

I'm sorry to dump all that out, especially in my birthday thread, but again, thank you all for your birthday and well wishes - they are greatly appreciated. I am hopeful that this year will be much better than the last.

Take care everyone -

Angela

Named For a Song...
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, my. I was writing my post as you were posting yours.

My-Immortal, I am so very sorry to hear of the losses that you and yours have endured in such a short time span. You will all be in my thoughts. :Hug2:

CONGRATULATIONS!! It's wonderful to hear that you and your wife are expecting! I'm sorry to hear about the morning sickness, though. I went through that with my firstborn. Almost every day, throughout the day. A smell, a taste, I never knew what would set me off, and it lasted the entire time I was pregnant. I hope that your wife's morning sickness starts going away like it "usually" does, though!! I wish you and your wife an "easy" pregnancy (as easy as any pregnancy can get!) and a healthy baby!!

unthoughtknown

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jennifersando.com
My-Immortal,

(Really sorry to hear about your brother.)

(Hard to follow on from that with a congratulations to you and your wife for the baby on the way.)

And Happy Birthday!

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
jen.nifer said:
My-Immortal,

(Really sorry to hear about your brother.)

(Hard to follow on from that with a congratulations to you and your wife for the baby on the way.)

And Happy Birthday!

Thank you. I know I tossed out a wide variety of news there...I just wanted to let those of you that care know what's been going on in my life. It's still fine to celebrate in this thread - my brother would have insisted on it.

Take care all and again, thanks! :)

unthoughtknown

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jennifersando.com
My-Immortal said:
Thank you. I know I tossed out a wide variety of news there...I just wanted to let those of you that care know what's been going on in my life. It's still fine to celebrate in this thread - my brother would have insisted on it.

Take care all and again, thanks! :)

No, no, that's what we are here for; I just didn't want to appear insensitive. xo.

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
My condolences, Immortal. And at the same time, beautiful to see life continue with your little unborn one.

When my youngest was born, my neighbor died. I always find that so touching when that happens. It's a big circle of life thing....

Happy Birthday, Immortal. Now, go rub your wife's tummy and sing a lullaby to your unborn baby.
smile.gif
He/She will hear you.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about all this, M.I., but I hope you do have a good birthday and take care of yourself (and your wife.) Hope you're doing okay.:)

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your brother and family losses.

Happy Birthday, and congratulations on the pregnancy.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Birthday, and congratulations on your little one :)

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm happy for the good and so sorry about the bad, M-I. I hope the news is all good from here on out. Here's hoping for many birthdays filled with only good news.

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you figure it out, will you let me know?
I am sorry to hear about your brother and your family's losses.

Such a bittersweet time for you and your family.

Congratulations on the little one on the way. (Try keeping saltine crackers next to the bed. When I was pregnant, I would eat a few before getting out of bed. It helped with the morning sickness.)

Hope you have a wonderful birthday.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
So glad about your wife's being pregnant and hope everything goes very well. So sorry for your other losses. Hope this birthday can be a start of only good things for you and yours. :Hug2:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no, there's no time left to shop for that perfect little something.

So I'll just wish you a marvelous day filled with all life's good things.

Maryn, penny-pincher extraordinaire

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My Immortal, I was sad to read of your recent losses, and know that this birthday will be a more somber one at best--but I'm wishing you all the best for the coming year. Celebrate the hope that you have today, and take care of yourself, the wife, and your baby-on-the-way. :)

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
Happy belated:PartySmil

The strip-o-gram is en route.

Okay, I couldn't afford a strip-o-gram. It's just me dancing in a thong to "Fever":tongue

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
My condoloences on your losses. Congrats on the wee one - and may your happiness outweight your sorrows in the coming year.

Status
Not open for further replies.