• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Olswanger Literary

atwhatcost

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Anna Olswanger left Liza Dawson Agency in 2014 to start her own. Could use more info, if anyone has any.

Clairels

Born at sea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.princessofpirates.wordpress.com
She's my agent (since before she left Liza Dawson), and she's fantastic. I'm in touch with many of her other clients and they feel similarly. She hasn't given up on me even after my first publishing deal fell through. When she has a project she believes in, she will go the extra mile. Keep in mind she's no-nonsense and will not stroke your ego. This took a while for me to get used to, but I don't need warm fuzzies; I need someone who will go to bat for me and help make my book the best it can be.

As mentioned, she does represent mainly children's authors who are also illustrators, but she also takes nonfiction and memoirs such as mine.

Reactions: Janine R

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
FWIW, I queried her this morning and received a reply within an hour:

"I’m only taking on author-illustrators (not authors) of graphic novels and picture books as new clients."

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone's heard anything about this agency or had recent dealing with them. I queried
Madison Scalera some time ago, but her own website has gone defunct, it seems, and Olswanger's website has no direct info about its agents (only link to those agents' websites).

Reactions: Turtle2023