• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Founders House Publishing

Harlequin

Eat books, not brains!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sunyidean.com
I don't have any experiences of them, and the site is nice enough, but it's somewhat skewed towards authors not readers, and their main fiction author (Shaun Kilgore) is also the owners, or one of them. It kind of looks like most of the people publishing also own the business, not sure?

Many small presses do seem to have that, but the lack of clarity is kind of annoying--it's not clear on the website that this is the case. Contrast something like Immanion where it's very clear that Storm Constantine is the owner, and also publishes some of her own writing through the press.

Anyway just my thoughts (since no one else responded to you ;-)

Last edited:

PostScript

Registered
Reaction score
The latest print-on-demand technologies are used to deliver books only based on genuine interest thereby eliminating the costs of managing surplus merchandise. We believe this is a more ecologically sound practice.

Looks like a POD.
I looked up one of their Authors, Shaun Kilgore, and I think he should find a new agent. No reviews on Amazon or Goodreads from I can see with a quick googling.

Another, Catherine Mcquire published on Smashwords through Founders House. Her amazon does have 1 review, it looks legit and is 5star.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No principals listed in their About Us section; therefore, no way to know if they have any background in publishing.

For an eight year-old company, they really haven't produced many books - and the vast majority were penned by Shaun Kilgore.

I looked at one of their most recent offerings (released in March), and while it seems to be competently written (although long - nearly 500 pages, whew!) and has a decent cover, it has a single five-star review on Amazon and its sales rankings are pretty sad.

Authors should ask themselves if giving up a portion of their royalties to an outfit like this is going to get them any better sales than they could get on their own via self-publishing.

Last edited: