Status
Not open for further replies.

mrs75

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mistisandefur.com
maestrowork,
Thank you very much for your assistance on this grammar question, however, I'm still a bit confused about the whole thing. When I google for further knowledge about the proper useage I don't get much help, maybe I'm using the wrong terms. However, since I didn't find the answer through Google I thought I would ask the question here, and your response helps a bit.

Maybe if I state my question better it will help you and others understand what I'm trying to understand. I'll give an example... Should it be Jane sang "Forever and Always" by Shania Twain, or Jane sung "Forever and Always" by Shania Twain?

maestrowork, based on the answer you gave I'm thinking the correct choice would be sang, but I may be wrong.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
'Jane sang "Forever and Always" by Shania Twain...' would probably be the one you're looking for.

'Jane has sung "forever and Always by Shania Twain...' isn't wrong, but I'm guessing you're looking for the first example.

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
Misti, any English dictionary will tell you the forms of an irregular verb. Sing, sang, sung; drive, drove, driven; swim, swam, swum; put, put, put. Just look up the main verb, like "sing," and there they are.

For past tense, use the middle one of the three. In this case, it's "sang."

mrs75

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mistisandefur.com
Thank You

Thanks to all of you for your helpful information. I should have given my examples in the first post, but I had been up all night and wasn't thinking ;) . All of your responses were very helpful and I thank you from the bottom of my heart :Hug2: .

Status
Not open for further replies.