Okay, this is for Wordpress people who host their own blogs...

DTKelly

The Rememberer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dtkelly.net
I'm looking for a plugin that that allows blog entries to be stickied. Does anyone know if one exists?

I'm looking to start up a writing project and would like to use wordpress, but I'd need at least one post "intro" to stick on the top.

Thanks,

'Kel

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
If you add the intro into the page as part of the page, not as the post then you wouldn't have to do anything with stickies or what not.

I'm not too knowledgable on plugins, but maybe someone else will come by with an answer.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I have moveable type - but CSS is CSS, right? Go to w3schools.com and see where you can add text above the posts but below the header - just SAVE everything in your current template before you start to experiment.

My 'ohdawno.org' site was all white with no banner, no sidebar - I just started reading the CSS tutorial and dove in.

Alternatively, someone who actually knows what they're doing might just come along to help :) Good luck!!

Deleted member 42

Put the Intro text in the "banner" div, with an embedded link to a more complete explanation.

DTKelly

The Rememberer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dtkelly.net
Thanks for the response! As it stands, I followed Medievalist's suggestion. Not sure I like it, but then again, this is all preliminary design.

Thanks again.