Asimov's Science Fiction magazine

Fabio_of_Mullets

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone tried selling fiction to Asimovs? Because I have been trying and have never gotten any kind of response from them. I'm guessing I should just pick a different magazine to try and sell my shorts.

Also, know a good place to sell short fiction at?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to move this to the SF forum. You might want to talk to the SF moderator zanzjan about Asimov's; she's sold several stories to them.

Fabio_of_Mullets

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the tips, I submitted it in December and it hasn't been marked as read yet, they said after 3 months you can email the editor and haven't heard back there either.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Thanks everyone for the tips, I submitted it in December and it hasn't been marked as read yet, they said after 3 months you can email the editor and haven't heard back there either.

If it's been since December, you're probably due to hear back late may, early June based on their current response times.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
I've submitted to Asimov's a multiple occasions. I've always received an automated "submission received" email and a rejection within the established timeframe.

One time I got the rejection before the automated "submission received" email showed up. That was a devastating R...

Fabio_of_Mullets

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Got an update today, editor emailed back and said they're at the November submissions. Thanks everyone

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
Quite a few folks around here have sold pieces to Asimov's.

It's a great magazine, wonderful people, that sometimes gets behind on submissions and sometimes gets on top of them. If you're neurotic and really need a fast response, try Clarkesworld. Otherwise, relax and just keep writing.

ehughes

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything new from Asimov's? There hasn't been a single update on Storygrinder in over 30 days. I sent a story in in December. Yes, I sent a message the other day but haven't heard back yet. This just seems extraordinarily long.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything new from Asimov's? There hasn't been a single update on Storygrinder in over 30 days. I sent a story in in December. Yes, I sent a message the other day but haven't heard back yet. This just seems extraordinarily long.

No, it isn't extraordinarily long. I've had submissions to various mags sit as long as 18 months before receiving a response. And that doesn't even address the issue of the vast number who don't respond at all, under the aesthetic that no response = rejection.

caw

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
No, it isn't extraordinarily long. I've had submissions to various mags sit as long as 18 months before receiving a response. And that doesn't even address the issue of the vast number who don't respond at all, under the aesthetic that no response = rejection.

caw

This should be the time they'd be hearing from Asimov's for a December submission. The odd thing is that they're right about the Submission Grinder. No one's received any kind of response in over a month from them. Hope all is well there.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Without saying anything that's not my place to say, I do believe things are good there, just an (anticipated, short-term) short-handedness.