HELP anyone know anything about wordpress

trucking

Registered
Reaction score
I just started a blog on my site and loaded word press. Now my blog is my home page. How do I undo this, but keep the blog on another page? thanks

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Hi trucking! It's the weekend so replies could be slow. Also, try asking in the Techie's thread below - some folk are subscribed and will see your question in their email and come back to answer. They might not see a new thread right away. (me, I lurk here so I usually see 'em) :)

Welcome to the blogging forum, as well. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the AW Blogger's thread and give us your URL!

Kudra

Back and on track
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TheInternationalFreelancer.com

DTKelly

The Rememberer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dtkelly.net

Leva

Registered
Reaction score
To avoid corrupting mysql, I'd also change the filenames for mysql before reinstalling it in a subdirectory. You do this in the config.php file.

If I recall correctly, wordpress uses .htaccess to redirect browsers from index.html to index.php, which is why your index.html disappeared -- I don't believe it overwrote it. You may also be able to edit the .htaccess file to remove this line, but I'm not sure what the secondary effects may be if you do this because I've not worked with the latest version of wordpress. Plus having both an index.html and index.php file may (or may not) confuse searchbots indexing your site.

Better to delete it and reinstall it in a subdirectory.

Leva

Tirjasdyn

Outline Maven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michellejnorton.com
Leva, no your host will usually set up what index.whatever your site will default to. As far as I know wordpress does not override this...at least it never has on any system I've installed it on.

Usually a host will set it up so it defaults to index.*, index.html, index.htm, then index.php but a host can change this.