Not open for further replies.

unthoughtknown

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jennifersando.com
Ok, an explanation:

She's a special guest on our Aussie TV awards ceremony over here -- and er, I found some of the things she spewed out of her mouth to be pretty disrespectful!

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Oh she's a vile, old sow. If they stretch her face any harder she's going to have a beard. And her daughter Melissa, all her plastic surgery and her face is still less attractive than my dog's rear end.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Surely they had to have known. Being rude and vulgar is her trademark schtick. She never goes out in public without it. She's living proof that money can't buy an ounce of class or good taste.

unthoughtknown

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jennifersando.com
Ohhhhhhh. Had never seen her in anything but knew who she was. Well, they must have brought her down for shock value then. But I think that's insane. You should have seen some of the looks on the faces of those in the audience; probably like my own stunned expression--hehe. Ok, I'll move on now...

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I remember the first Oscars I watched here in the USA. Joan Rivers was doing the red carpet chat-to-the-stars thing for E! I was horrified by how *rude* she was to the celebs and their significant others.

AdamH

Pumped Up Kicks
Registered
Reaction score
I think she thinks she's being funny. There's a fine line between being funny and being rude. She's more than crossed that line. She can't even tell where the line is anymore.

Just my POV.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
I think her stand-up comedy used to be good, but that's been ions ago.

We don't watch TV, so I don't know what she's doing now, but I have heard about the thing she and Melissa does with celebrities at functions. I loathe celebrities and celebrity functions more than words can say, so I wouldn't watch them at all.....................no matter who was hosting them.

Poor Joan. Even her husband killed himself to get away from her.

rich

My aunt and uncle adopted an infant boy many years ago. Both died when he was about six or so. You can see him in drag in Las Vegas, mostly imitating Rivers--his name's Frank Marino.

Reaction score
I remember seeing her interview Hugh Grant on the Oscar red carpet when he was still with Liz Hurley and JR turned to her and said, "And who are you?"

I mean! Even if she didn't know, that's still rude and disrespectful! I can't stand La Hurley and I was still offended.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
She makes me sick. She always makes such a big deal about women who have put on a few pounds. She starts ranting about it. And what's worse is that she used to have an eating disorder, so she should know better than to do that to someone.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
aadams73 said:
Oh she's a vile, old sow. If they stretch her face any harder she's going to have a beard. And her daughter Melissa, all her plastic surgery and her face is still less attractive than my dog's rear end.
I had hoped for a quiet breakfast, but now? Hmmm....barf!

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
The only good thing Joan Rivers ever did was lend her voice to Spaceballs. Never once did I have to gaze upon her stretched and pressed face.

And yet I have to give her a little bit of respect for making fun of herself several times on Nip/Tuck. :e2yawn:

Nah, maybe not.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
OMG! Don't ever google Joan Rivers for images. Here's one that shows you what can happen to someone after repeated plastic surgeries.

(Warning! Not for the faint of heart!!!)

Link <-- Seriously, don't click if you'd get upset.

Don't blame me, she was googled.

Last edited:

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
SpookyWriter said:
BOING!
shatteringjoan.jpg

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I haven't seen her do anything in years. But she was always one of the 'insult' comics. Like Don Rickles. I wonder if people find him just as offensive* or if it's because she's a woman that she raises extra ire.

*I detest his humor. Never liked it, never will. I thought Joan was pretty funny back when I watched her on Carson now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.