PDA

View Full Version : Query letters for Twitter pitch

liritha
04-28-2017, 06:49 PM
I submitted my pitch to the DVPit contest the other day and I got a few likes from agents. They've all stated that if your tweet gets favourited, you should send a query letter and the first 5-10 pages. Does anyone know what the 'etiquette' for submitting a query in this case is?

They all want DVPit put in the email's subject, and the twitter pitch as the first line, but what about agent personalisation? Do I skip it, given that I'm querying them because they liked my pitch, or do I include the normal personalisation details (I chose to query you because you represent my genre and are amazing, yada, yada)? Are there any 'special' rules? I'm probably overthinking this but I'm nothing if not anxious, so...

Thanks in advance!

mayqueen
04-28-2017, 06:57 PM
I don't think so, but I'd include the pitch itself at the top of your email to jog their memory. Then proceed to the query as normal. That's how I've done twitter pitch things in the past.

Frankie007
04-28-2017, 07:16 PM
your original DVPIT twitter pitch would be the personalization part.....

NicoleScripting
04-28-2017, 07:21 PM
I would include "DV PIT" in the subject line of the query, like "DVPit," should probably be the first word in the subject line so it grabs their attention. They already know they're interested, it's more likely they'll open yours quickly. Then you can casually mention in the little personalization part that you're sending it to them because they favorited your tweet about this novel. Congratulations on the favs!

clek25
04-28-2017, 07:47 PM
I would definitely add in a little extra about them and why you think they would like your novel. I know they already requested it, but I can imagine an agent would be more impressed that you looked them up instead of just said omg agent X liked my stuff I'm going to send it to them just because they requested it! I don't know, just my opinion. I always would rather go the extra mile then not make it to the finish line at all, and adding in a bit more about why you would be querying the author wouldn't hurt.

Anna Iguana
04-28-2017, 07:55 PM
First: congrats! Second: if you have a particular reason to think you and the agent would be a good fit (beyond that the agent favorited your query), I'd certainly mention that. Phrasing matters, though; you're not querying because of [whatever you learned at the agent's website], you're querying because the agent favorited your pitch. Good luck!

liritha
04-29-2017, 01:25 PM
Thanks everyone! I put the DVPit in the subject line and pasted my pitch to jog the memory, and also included a brief personalisation. Fingers crossed this turns into something though I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

DarienW
04-29-2017, 02:14 PM
Fingers crossed for you, and congrats!

:)

Sage
04-29-2017, 06:42 PM
I'd be like, "Thanks for favoriting my #DVpit pitch for my xx-000-word genre TITLE: 'Pitch goes here.'" Then a new paragraph with your usual pitch.

Best of luck!