PDA

View Full Version : Manuscript revised after querying

Tarley
04-09-2017, 06:35 PM
I just got a partial request from an agent that I queried many months ago and considered a non-responder. He's a top agent so I am super excited! I'd sent 5 pages with my query.

My problem is since querying this agent, I did major revisions to the first three chapters of my manuscript based on specific feedback from another agent. I think my manuscript is much stronger now but since this agent is requesting material based on the original version I suppose that is what I must send...right? I don't want to look like I'm doing some kind of bait and switch but I worry the original version is not the best it can be. Any thoughts?

Laurasaurus
04-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Definitely send the newest and best version!

Even if I'd changed it so much it had switched genre or something, I'd still send the new version. But with an added note that it had been through some changes since I queried. But depending on how huge the changes have been, I'd suspect such a note isn't necessary.

Aggy B.
04-09-2017, 07:10 PM
Send the new version. Five pages is not a lot so even if they've changed it's not like he read half the book and now it's all different. You can mention when you send it in that you have revised the MS based on agent feedback since you initially queried him. Or not. That's kind of up to you whether you feel the differences are so stark that he should know you've not just further polished those opening pages.

CameronJohnston
04-10-2017, 01:02 PM
Send the new and improved version. The agent will be reading from the start all over again anyway.