Worldbuilding with Notebook.ai

Status
Not open for further replies.

drusepth

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a huge fan of fantasy and I thought I'd share a writing tool that I've been working on for quite a while now.

The tool is called Notebook.ai (and it's available at www.notebook.ai) and it's meant to help with every stage of worldbuilding (fleshing out ideas initially, polishing them up, referring back to them while writing, and whatever else you do with your worlds). You can think of it as a more structured version of the old notebooks of ideas you've had over the years, with sections for your world's characters, locations, notable items, and more. You can fill out information about each, add your own fields, link content together, or upload images -- and I'm still improving it, so if anyone has any ideas to make it better, I'd love to hear it!

Just wanted to take a moment to share it with the fantasy/scifi authors here, as fantasy (and sci-fi) are what I use it for the most. I hope it's as useful for you as it is for me! (And of course, if you have any questions or feedback, it'd be very much appreciated!) :)

Brandinian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brandonpfeltz.com
This is FANTASTIC. Exactly what I've been looking for. I've been trying to keep track of everything in a scattered word document, but this seems to make it so much easier.

Thanks for sharing!

drusepth

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Brandinian -- I'm glad it's helpful! :)

@EMaree -- I didn't see your comment, but I'd love to hear any feedback you have with any amount of criticism you'd like; I built this originally for myself so it's super-suited for how I build worlds, but I'm always looking to improve how it fits into others' worldbuilding flows and honest feedback is how I get there. :)

Last edited:

ManWithTheMetalArm

Has One Badass Arm
Registered
Reaction score
One thing I do have to criticize is the subscription fee, and I have to ask why? Since it's in browser, I can kind of see the logic, but it feels like it would be easier to just have people buy access to it, a lot like Scrivener. Other than that, there's not much else to criticize, this thing is pretty extensive.

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
One thing that wasn't clear to me from looking at the site is how the data is stored. Does it live as a file on my local machine (or wherever I choose to put my files), or does it live somewhere in the cloud attached to the app? If it's not normally under my control, is there an export function so I can retrieve my data in case I cancel the account?

Also, screenshots/demo pages would be very useful to help potential users assess how interested they might be in the tool.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
So, as interesting and potentially useful as this may be to some users, this post falls squarely into the category of spam. I am closing the thread.

drusepth, you've been a member for a long time, but at only 5 posts (2 right here in this thread) it doesn't seem like you've had any interest in actually engaging the community. If you do decide to do so, you are welcome to put a link to your product in your sig. If folks have questions about your product they can contact you via private message.

Thanks,

-zanzjan, moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.