• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Writerists House

Lord_Champion

Registered
Reaction score
My friend submitted a query to them and got a full request. They're fairly new and have one book out I think. I couldn't find anything on them, so I'm starting this thread.

http://writeristshouse.com/

The team looks experienced, but their bios are cut off on the website and there isn't another page linking a full bio. That's an obvious mistake. Copyright on the website is 2014; I'm not sure if that is a huge detriment. They don't have a tab link to the only book they have out, so there isn't a place to buy it. They do have a link for it on the homepage, but it takes me nowhere.

Query process is outlined in a simple manner.

Last edited:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
The people look desperately inexperienced to me, for the most part. The founder seems to have self-published books. There's one person on there with actual credits (the journalist guy) and those are a bit vague and potentially unrelated.

I don't really see anyone else with any relevant professional experience.

More to the point, there are errors ALL OVER the fucking place. The one book they've put out is supposed to be a "guide to writing," which doesn't address things like grammar or pov, which is a neat trick. I have no clue wtf they're on about.

The submission page actually has "fiction novel" on it. RUN. These are not professionals; they have no experience.

I'm not even touching 'writerist," or the punctuation.

ETA: Their blog section has maybe the most ludicrous 'theory' I've ever seen wrt publishing: Prologues exist because before computers, people couldn't edit books (apparently White-out helped, but still [yes, seriously, it says this]), and editing consists of adding a preliminary explanation, apparently.

I am baffled so many different ways by this pile-up of nonsense.

Last edited:

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
My friend submitted a query to them and got a full request. They're fairly new and have one book out I think. I couldn't find anything on them, so I'm starting this thread.

http://writeristshouse.com/

The team looks experienced, but their bios are cut off on the website and there isn't another page linking a full bio. That's an obvious mistake. Copyright on the website is 2014; I'm not sure if that is a huge detriment. They don't have a tab link to the only book they have out, so there isn't a place to buy it. They do have a link for it on the homepage, but it takes me nowhere.

Query process is outlined in a simple manner.

The query process is outlined in "broad, general terms" to keep it "proprietary". What on earth does that mean? What do they offer that self-publishing doesn't? Or that a trade publisher doesn't?

Also ditto to everything Cornflake said.

And Writerists. Just no.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
There's a literary agency called Writers House, but these people are not them.

Run away. They can't write coherent copy for their website: how, then, can they edit anyone else's work for publication?

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
They also can't get their webpage to work. The bottom of their home page has a list of quick links, none of which link to anything.

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
The one book out is by the owner of the pub company, it's for sale on Amazon. Their motto: "Where Self Publishing and Traditional Publishing meet in the middle"... Doesn't that middle ground usually mean "Author Service Providers"?