What to do?

Troyen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I have a little question I hope all of you in here can help me with. I got a request for a partial yesterday and it came with very precise instructions. I got so caught up trying to change everything to fit the instructions, that I missed a couple little typos in the synopsis I was sending. On closer inspection, I noticed them today, but I already sent the copy that has them. Should I send another email with the typos fixed, or just leave it alone and hope he doesn't hold it against me?

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
Not that it matters much, but am wondering what kinda typos you mean?

Is this where you inadvertently wrote "and" where it came out "adn"? (spell-check should have easily caught it...)

Or it is where you inverted "words two" instead of "two words"? (grammar check should have easily caught it...)

Or is it one of those where you wrote "to" instead of "too"? (no spell or grammar check really picks up on this sort of thing...)

Like I said, it doesn't really matter at this point. I'd just leave it alone, and if/when you hear back - PROOFREAD! :)

Troyen

Registered
Reaction score
They were both along the lines of a missing word. Thanks for your response. Believe me, I will be looking into doing just that! I wonder if it helps at all that his email to me had a typo as well.

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
LOL - yeah, I wouldn't worry too much if it was part of a quick email exchange, happens all the time. In the writing though, well, that's what editors are for! :)

Troyen

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I hope this one will like the story and not hold typos against me. I can breathe a little better hearing everyone saying the same thing.

LuckyStar

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if it helps at all that his email to me had a typo as well.

This.

I've received feedback with typos from agents and editors.

One time I received feedback from a bestselling author who was on the panel of a writing contest whose comments to me were riddled with grammatical errors and typos.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Your writing was strong enough for a partial to be requested. :snoopy:

Congratulate yourself for that instead of beating yourself up over a couple of typos.

Troyen

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Luckystar and Cameron Johnston. I appreciate the support. Trying to get an agent is so hard and rejection comes so often that I want so much for everything to be as perfect as it can be. But if we are being honest, everytime I read over the book itself or any part of what I would send to an agent, I always find things I want to change or fix. It never seems just right, but missing words really bothered me.