I started my morning with a rancid Slimfast shake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
I had no idea, being a person who is disgusted by good milk, that everytime you open a ready to drink Slimfast shake - you are at risk for drinking a spoiled one.

I have a Chocolate Royale every morning, but today is the last. This morning, I shook my frosty can, popped the top open, and lifted the can to my lips, taking a full swig.

"Hmm. It's frozen. It's all chunky."

It took me half a second to register the taste. It was rancid and spoiled - chunky - rotten milk!"

I ran to the bathroom and vomited it into the toilet.

I checked the expiration date on the can - December 2006. I called customer service for Slimfast, because I thought maybe they had made a bad batch. The lady said, because its a milk based product, there is always a chance that the contents will curdle and spoil.

That's why they recommend you pour it into a glass first.

My goodness. They are sending me a voucher for a new six-pack. As if I would ever drink one again.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yuck-ola...

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Eeew!

Forget those things. Some consumer group in Canada did a survey on those diet shakes, and apparently most of them don't meet the labelling and nutrition requirements that Canadian law sets out.

Personally, I'd go with real milk, fruit and cereal. Better for you, cheaper, and tastes a whole lot better.

eldragon

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
It doesn't matter where you are ......... what you are doing, all reactions would be the same.

MY. GOD.

And I have an aversion to milk, I haven't drank the stuff since I was a toddler.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
That's just gross... Slimfast?

:e2thud:

(if it's for dieting, why do they use milk anyway? Have they ever heard of soy?)

eldragon

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Until this morning, I'd say Slimfast Chocolate Royale shakes were the bomb.

(Do people still say that?)

They keep me from being hungry for hours ...................and, stuff.

But the word of the day is "puke".

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Capture that taste forever so you can use it in a book or short story. Write down every detail, because later you'll forget and pop the top off another can and whoops! ...here we go again...:D

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I love the chocolate royale slim-fasts!

I have one in the morning, along with cheesy hashbrowns, bacon, and a large sausage, cheese omelette.

Then I have one with lunch, a large Philedelphia cheesesteak, a large bag of Mr. G's potato chips, and a chocolate pudding.

Then I have a sensible dinner.

Can't figure out why I'm not losing weight though. :(

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:

I have one in the morning, along with cheesy hashbrowns, bacon, and a large sausage, cheese omelette.

Then I have one with lunch, a large Philedelphia cheesesteak, a large bag of Mr. G's potato chips, and a chocolate pudding.

Okay I just gained five pounds reading your diet!:tongue

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Shadow_Ferret said:

Your forgot your diet Coke, that's why.

eldragon

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Another good thing about slimfast shakes is all the vitamins and minerals they pack in one can.

I am back to being a vegetarian ..........and need everything I can get.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
eldragon said:
Another good thing about slimfast shakes is all the vitamins and minerals they pack in one can.

I am back to being a vegetarian ..........and need everything I can get.
Don't count on a veggie diet with slim fast. Hmmm...rats did I say that?

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
PattiTheWicked said:
You know, if you break that Philly cheese steak in half, all the calories will fall out.

Also if you eat standing up, on your birthday, or after midnight, the calories don't count. ;)

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
If milk disgusts you, have you tried soy milk? I have been making myself a soy shake every morning with a cup of vanilla soy, some strawberries, some frozen cranberries, a bit of yoghurt and a Tbs of ground flax. This is really good and the soymilk that I buy has only 100 cals per cup no fat, and is a good source of calcium and protien. If you made something like this and had a multivitamin I think that you may be better off.

The soy also comes in chocolate and strawberry flavour but I haven't tried either of those. Vanilla seems more versatile to me.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
eldragon said:
That sounds like a good recipe to try. I have some flax seed I would like to use, too.

Thanks!

You're welcome. You can use any fruit you like and it doesn't have to be frozen - I just like the thickness it gives it - like a milk shake.

Cheryll

Registered
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Man, all I could think all the way through this post was . . .

EWW!

My mother used to drink those things like crazy - and eat the meal on the go bars. I wonder if this thread would get her into a different routine. She has an aversion to milk, too, so I always thought it was weird for her to be drinking them in the first place.

She does drink diet soda, though (Tab, Diet Coke), so apparently she's following the tricks and trends. :)

WDS

Registered
Reaction score
Though I havn't had rancid milk before, I am still very obsessive about experation dates. If its the day something expires, I would throw it out. It really really ticks me off that the food industry doesn't have a HUGE label with the experation date on everything.

pconsidine

Too Adorkable for Words
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pjcopy.com
eldragon said:
They are sending me a voucher for a new six-pack. As if I would ever drink one again.
Why is it that customer service people always think giving you sh-t for free will make you forget the fact that it's sh-t? That's like the gift certificate we got from the place that sent us a pizza with a roach in it. Yeah - we ran to cash that one in.

eldragon

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Originally Posted by eldragon
They are sending me a voucher for a new six-pack. As if I would ever drink one again.
Why is it that customer service people always think giving you sh-t for free will make you forget the fact that it's sh-t? That's like the gift certificate we got from the place that sent us a pizza with a roach in it. Yeah - we ran to cash that one in.

Tell me about it. I have to tell you, the taste has finally left my mouth. I do not want to risk that again!

I think she should send me a large check. Or, even a small check. But a coupon for a six pack of Slimfast? Yuck.

I'm telling you guys .................tell everyone you know - pour this **** in a glass before you take a swig.

THE STUFF spoiling is COMMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.