Does anybody use Pixeluvo image editor?

Gregg Bell

Registered
Reaction score
http://www.pixeluvo.com/

I'm using Linux so I can't get Photoshop, and this Pixeluvo is supposedly nearly as good. But it seems like nobody's using them. And the forum seems dead. I got the trial version and it looks incredibly promising but I'm such a non-techie that I'm afraid I won't be able to effectively use it without somebody I can ask questions. (Like GIMP has some great forums.) Anybody using it? Know anything about it? Thanks

kevinwaynewilliams

Be blunt: I appreciate it
Registered
Reaction score
I don't use it, but it seems to me that the biggest question is whether it can correctly import/save from either Photoshop or SVG files. If it can, then you can't hurt yourself: if you find it that it won't do things you need, you can change tools, or bug a friend to do that one edit you can't accomplish. I use PaintShop Pro for much of my work in Windows, and my one regret is that my files aren't portable.

Tamarind

Registered
Reaction score
Geez, even the full version is a steal. Never tried this, but I hope it works out for you because, man, what a bargain!

Gregg Bell

Registered
Reaction score
I don't use it, but it seems to me that the biggest question is whether it can correctly import/save from either Photoshop or SVG files. If it can, then you can't hurt yourself: if you find it that it won't do things you need, you can change tools, or bug a friend to do that one edit you can't accomplish. I use PaintShop Pro for much of my work in Windows, and my one regret is that my files aren't portable.

Thanks Kevin. I don't have anything to do with Photoshop or SVG files so I don't know about whether Pixeluvo handles them. I did end up getting it and although I have found one or two things that I wish would've been included on it, the great majority of its features I just love. I'm on Linux, so no Photoshop for me, but Pixeluvo is great for me. Much better and more flexible than GIMP.