PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations?

Celia Cyanide
05-05-2006, 05:59 PM
I just finished reading "Sarah" by JT Leroy. I loved it so much I never wanted it to end. Now that Laura Albert has been found out, I doubt there will be any more books after "Labour." Can anyone recommend any similar books? I wish I could read more of it.

Aconite
05-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Celia, try The AW Book Club (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=116) forum.

alleycat
05-05-2006, 08:48 PM
I've never read anything by LeRoy, but you can go to Amazon, find Sarah and then do a "search for similar items". When I did it, the books by Dennis Cooper were the top choice, followed by dozens of others. I've never read anything by Cooper either.

ac

Celia Cyanide
05-16-2006, 08:53 PM
Thank you, Alleycat, for the suggestion!

Has anyone else read Sarah? I would like to know your thoughts. I found it fascinating. I liked the surreal, Alice In Wonderland representation of child abuse, as opposed to the cold, realistic representations of other books, like The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things, which I am reading now.

If anyone else has read it, I would like to know your thoughts.

DeniseK
05-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Celia, you would probably like You Remind Me of Me by Dan Chaon from the sound of the kind of books you like.

xlibrian
11-17-2008, 06:49 AM
Does JT Leroy still write new books after what happened in 2007?

Inkdaub
11-17-2008, 02:27 PM
I think Albert should continue to write. She obviously has talent and ability.