House of Leaves

Shadowmoo

Prophet of the Eldritch ones.
Registered
Reaction score
This is really the most amazing book I have ever read. It uses the written word in ways that subjects the reader to the psychological affects of the current narrator. I wish I could write a story like this. It starts off very slow but by page 144 the tension is already at a level unimaginable.

UXbEtOY.jpg

Anyone know of any similar holy-shit kinda books?

Last edited:

Shadowmoo

Prophet of the Eldritch ones.
Registered
Reaction score
“Then no matter where you are, in a crowded restaurant or on some desolate street or even in the comforts of your own home, you'll watch yourself dismantle every assurance you ever lived by. You'll stand aside as a great complexity intrudes, tearing apart, piece by piece, all your carefully conceived denials, whether deliberate or unconscious. And for better or worse you'll turn, unable to resist, though try to resist you still will, fighting with everything you've got not to face the thing you most dread, what is now, what will be, what has always come before, the creature you truly are, the creature we all are, buried in the nameless black of a name.

And then the nightmares will begin.”

- House of Leaves

Spooky

Even the sphinx has eyes O_O
Registered
Reaction score
I always intended to pick this up but have not got round to it yet, I read quite a bit about the book's premise several years ago and it has been floating around my peripheral vision ever since. I will certainly get onto it at some point, it sounded absolutely enthralling and mesmerizing, I can't imagine how much work was put into it and I see it cropping up repeatedly on people's must read lists, glad you have found it profound.