• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a CP/ writing buddy - YA Historic Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxesfairytales

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

I’m around the 40K mark of my first draft - so just over halfway – and I really want to find some writer buddies.

I’m looking for a critique partner but also just other writers to chat with. Id like to find someone so that we can cheer each other on, commiserate, brainstorm plot ideas and maybe even beta for each other later on. I’d imagine this would be quite casual (and I'd love to interact over social media) for now and probably getting more into deadline/ swapping text as we get to know each other.

Writing - My current project is retelling or sequel to Frankenstien, with the ‘Bride’ as the main character. It’s a YA historical mystery, set in Scotland at the turn of the 1800s. The characters and historical aspects are the part I really want to focus on, but there’s also going to be a romantic subplot (which is f/f) and some low-key fantasy elements.

Reading - My favourite genres are sci-fi and fantasy, and although I do still really enjoy traditional high-fantasy-type stories, I love stories that are a bit different - magical realism, retellings etc. I’ll often dip into other things too, so I'm happy to look at historic, contemporary etc. I’ll read any category (YA, MG etc.) but most often pick YA.

My GR page and blog are here if you want a better look at my tastes.
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4674421-louise
https://foxesfairytale.wordpress.com/

If you’re interested, you can contact here or on Twitter @foxesfairytale (another really good place to see if we'd get along)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.