PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Beta Readers for Horror/Thriller - 80k words

CaptainCanuck
02-08-2017, 02:41 AM
I am excited to have written (then re-written), edited (then re-edited) and am now ready for another set of eyes..

Set in 1984, the story follows Adam as he drifts through high school like a ghost without friends and without purpose. On the first day of his senior year, he meets Frank, a new student at Cedargrove High School. The two immediately bond. Their discussions are wide ranging, centered on the inherent social disparity between the rich and the poor.

Come along for the ride as Adam finds confirmation and validation with his new (and only) friend Frank. Midway through the school year he finds himself at a crossroad in his life and yearns for change.

Dissatisfied with the status-quo, the two boys decide to bring some balance to the social spectrum. The rich get their attention with terror and lethality. Welfare-sucking miscreants also pay the ultimate price for their lifestyle. They move from city to city learning from each adventure, improving their technique.

Together they bring their unique version of social justice to each place they visit. Warped and misguided, they seek to make society better—one body at a time. Then one fateful night in Phoenix, Adam learns the depth of Frank’s hidden duplicity.

The book is 80k words.
Thanks in advance.

Joseph Schmol
02-09-2017, 10:20 PM
I am excited to have written (then re-written), edited (then re-edited) and am now ready for another set of eyes..
Set in 1984, the story centers on a high school boy and his new best friend. They struggle with the inequities of society and take small steps to correct them. An unexpected series of events forever change all that Adam has ever known. The two boys realize they are at a crossroad and decide to leave the little town of Cedargrove Wisconsin. They move through America unseen, pursuing their sacred quest, with ever more serious consequences.
The book is 80k words.
Thanks in advance.

Welcome, Captain.

Are you being intentionally ambiguous? You might attract more potential readers if you offered a few specific details.

Good luck.

CaptainCanuck
02-10-2017, 01:49 AM
Thanks I added more detail...