• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

critique wanted for post-post apocalypse YA

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfGrave

Registered
Reaction score
i'm currently working on a post-post apocalypse novel i'd like to release in serial form, but i have no confidence in my writing. blunt honest feedback would be greatly appreciated. i plan on tackling a lot of young adult issues in this series including suicide, relationships, drugs and drinking, and what it means to really be in charge of yourself.

the premise is that the world suffered a weaponized virus outbreak sometime in the 2020 decade. 70-90% of the population was wiped out and the remnants have formed new countries and societies. 200 years later, our main characters are journeyman in a given trade on their wander years, going from town to town and country to country visiting other masters in their guilds and learning what they can starting in their late teens.

let me know if you're interested, thanks!

RebeccaMinnar

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm intrigued by your summary--would you be willing to send me the first three chapters so I can figure out if I'd like to read it in it's entirety? For that matter, would you possibly be willing to do a reading exchange? I have a YA dystopian that is very character growth-centric and focuses on two brothers and their trials. It's approximately 83k words, and I have a summary tucked in a document somewhere if you'd like to look at it. If you aren't interested, that's totally fine--I'd still be interested in those three chapters if you're willing to give them!

Status
Not open for further replies.