Brazilian/Portugese Names

Barking Tree

Registered
Reaction score
I have a need for two male characters who are Surgeons aged around sixty or seventy years old, from Brazil.

I know that I could just google for names but I need to ensure that the context is correct. For instance, in England modern girls names include Kylie, Chardonnay, etc., but these would never be used for a character who is, say, ninety-years-old. It is also unlikely that they would be used for children in the upper classes of society.

Could anyone suggest any suitable names?

Many Thanks,
Alan

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My husband has several middle-aged Brazilian friends: Lamartine, Sergio, Luiz, Eduardo, Leandro and Flavio.

Barking Tree

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Deb.

I had checked BehindTheName.com but just wanted to check that the names were correct within the context of middle-aged men.

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Not an answer to the question, but...

Chardonnay??? Is that really a name people in the UK are giving to girls today?????
:Jaw:

Barking Tree

Registered
Reaction score
Not an answer to the question, but...

Chardonnay??? Is that really a name people in the UK are giving to girls today?????
:Jaw:

It happens, I'm afraid, but only by those on the lowest rung of the social ladder. It reminds me of the Harry Enfield characters Wayne & Waynetta Slob who call their children Frogmella and Spudulike because 'it sounds exotic'. :)

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
As a hospital records worker, I'll admit I saw some bloodyweird names on birth certificates. I'll falsify the last names to protect the guilty, but one of my favorites was Pineapple Pancake Jones. Also Shelby Forever Young and Crystal Chanda Lear. I affirm to you these are the truth.