Who's drunk, what are you drinking, and what has it caused you to do?

Bladespark

JOAT
Registered
Reaction score
I am! Peppermint schnapps in hot chocolate, though I started out with a nice sour beer from a local brewpub. And it's making me super flirty with a friend of mine, who is hilarious when flustered. :D Also it's fueling my writing of terrible Fanfic romance fluff.

Last edited:

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I get super horny when I consume alcohol. I don't drink often though, even though I have a high tolerance, just because it's expensive. haha. I can't write when I drink. It makes me too relaxed and I can't focus enough.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Not drunk but I had a beer with dinner. Booze doesn't help with the writing, but for shutting out the million and one things that need doing, the ominous looming restructures, intolerable living conditions, and the utter ineffectiveness of the health system to ease certain circumstances, its absolutely unbeatable.

Go booze. Woot!

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
I usually drink white wine or cider.

What has it made me do? I waited until I was 3 glasses in (plus a shot of rum) before letting my hairstylist (Who was also not entirely sober) put in my "subtle lavender highlights."

I have purple hair.

I'm trying to learn to love it because there's no way I'm frying my hair by coloring it again so soon.

Bladespark

JOAT
Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome! I have hot pink streaks right now, I love crazy colored hair.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Drinking makes me very sleepy. There's almost no point in it, because I usually just fall asleep.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Not drunk, rarely do get drunk, not drinking at the moment.

But I like to drink. It's either whiskey, beer, or red wine.

Unfortunately, I'm the happiest drunk you could ever meet.

Unfortunately, because when I overdo it, I'm irritable the next day.

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
I had a glass of red wine tonight. I am a cheap drunk, and a glass gets me pretty buzzed. I almost never drink during the week, but I opened a bottle of red wine to make beef stew, so I figured I might as well...

michaeloshea

Registered
Reaction score
Have I actually seen numerous people say that booze doesn't assist with writing? Currently drinking, definitely helped with writing. <_<

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Drinking doesn't usually help me. Maybe once, when I could not get one stupid scene down. I think I was getting too frustrated with it, and having a few drinks helped put that aside.

But most every other time I've tried writing drunk the results have been just awful. I've learned it's not a good idea.

Bladespark

JOAT
Registered
Reaction score
I do pretty good drunk writing, but it does definitely need an extra editing pass when sober.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
I had a margarita last night. Drinking... sort of helps me with writing, sometimes. It doesn't really make for better prose, but if I'm just slightly buzzed it'll help get me over my inertia problem. Lots of people say drugs/alcohol do not help... but I actually am more creative when I've had a minor amount. Maybe not more creative; I just access it a little easier when, otherwise, I've been wound up and stressed and sort of losing myself.

However, I wanted to work more on a piece that I'd written on a few months ago, and I couldn't find it. My unorthodox file organization has finally bitten me in the ass.

Ninka

Registered
Reaction score
I am on my second glass of red wine and I have to admit that drinking doesn't help me with writing at all. I guess when I am more relaxed, it is not a good thing for me. The words do not come easy. I just (barely) produced 600 words. Well... drinking on Friday night makes me tired and sleepy.