Bad impression during a job interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowscribe

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm finishing up an article today and need a quick quote from someone who has been in a job interview and realized/knew they were giving a poor first impression. Maybe you went in dressed improperly, you were so nervous that it showed, you hadn't done much research on the company, etc.

I need this info today. Also, I'm looking for someone between the ages of 17 and 24. Just need you to answer two or three quick questions by email.

If you can help, or know someone who can, email me at [email protected], or respond here. Thanks!

Dollywagon

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if you need the problems at interview answered by a 17-24 year old Yellow Scribe or whether you just want emails from them?

Anyway I am just a tad older (don't look it of course), but I did once actually manage to fall asleep in an interview.

I'd just finished university and was getting awful headaches. My doc put them down to exhaustion. He gave me some pain killers and I took a couple and then went for an interview. The employers kindly sat me on a nice long, leather, corner sofa.
I napped. I read later that the tablets caused drowsiness. I didn't get the job.

yellowscribe

Registered
Reaction score
Dollywagon,

Would you mind sending me your age so I can see if I can slide it in the article? Either by email or PM. Thanks!

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not 17 but if I were interviewing someone of that age things like nose and eyebrow rings would put me off. I've also heard that wearing strong perfume is a no-no. As for chewing gum at an interview - yech!

Carmy

Status
Not open for further replies.