Great. Someone broke into my truck last night. GRR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Yep. There I was in the bath when hubby came in and asked, "Sweetie, have you been down to the truck this morning?"

I said, "No...why?"

He said, "Well, the back door is standing open and there's stuff on the ground beside it."

Sure enough, the back door glass had been busted out. The stereo hubby just bought - gone. Amp - gone. Speakers - gone. Big speaker in the back - gone.

At least there was a beautiful set of fingerprints on the door.

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
People really p*ss me off sometimes. I don't think I'll ever understand why people think they'll get away with talking other people's things . . . *and* leave fingerprints! I hope you get your stuff back -- something similar happened to me when I lived in NJ in the mid-90's, but it was never recovered (ski racks and a nose bra). :Hug2: Rant and rave all you want!!! :Hug2:

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
That sucks. Hope the set of prints is as useful as it sounds.
EmoteHug2.gif

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Carole, that sucks. When it happened to me, insurance covered it, somehow. Something about insurance on the interior of the car. Can that be the case with you?

allen

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Well, Geico rawks. 100% covered. The police dispatcher said, "Well, unless you have a suspect in mind fingerprints won't help". We thought that was strange. When the cop arrived he thought that was weird too. He took the prints and he told us that they picked up a guy in our neighborhood last night who has been arrested before for breaking into cars. They're gonna run his prints against the ones they took off the truck.

I'm gonna throw away everything. It makes me sick. Everything is rummaged through. My makeup is out there but it's going into the garbage.

WTF is wrong with some people?

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
The fingerprints taken off the truck can be matched from searching through driver’s license records. Does Tennessee take fingerprints issuing their driver’s license?

Anyway, I’m sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Last edited:

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Tennessee doesn't take prints to get licenses. I'm actually glad of that in the broad sense. I would have thrown a fit if I had to be fingerprinted to get my license.

It strikes me as someone strung out going to sell our stuff to get some cash. Who else would have been stupid enough to leave perfect prints?

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Well, you have your insurance. Good for you.

I've had my apartment robbed in Atlanta, and my car stolen in Vegas. The first incident registers in my top ten scary events, as the robber returned to the scene of the crime that very night, when I was home, and tried to kick in the door. Luckily, the policeman was still there. Nobody was caught, but the policeman sat in my apartment the rest of the night- I was too afraid to be alone.

When my car was stolen - my insurance company delivered a rental to work for me. The car was found within about 5 days and fixed up - I got it back.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Crap. Crap. Crap.

What a revoltin' development, Carole. I hope it fades in memory soon.

I only had a car broken into once - in Boston. Stupidly enough, I'd left my window rolled down all weekend -- parked on the street. In the South End.

Monday morning, I found the door ajar, and the glovebox open.

Nothing was missing. My old black Dodge 600, with the dented fender and the Damned bumper sticker, wasn't even worth stealing.

I loved that car.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Oh geez, Carole :(

This happened to my husband's truck in our driveway. They stole the stereo we'd just spent a day installing. Called the cops and they shrugged off the idea of fingerprints.

Two years to the day later(creepy), they broke into the truck again. My husband had accidentaly left his work bag inside the truck and someone must have thought it contained a laptop. The bag was dumped on our neighbours driveway.

I hope that whoever did this to your vehicle, and ours, burns in hell for eternity. And I also wish a dose of a virulent STD on them while they're living. Something that burns and itches.

Honestly, these lazy f%&*^#$s need to get a job if they want things that badly.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Some people deserve to have their fingers cut off, see if they can steal anything more.

This reminds me of something that happened when my parents just got married. They bought a vocho (bug) and changed its seats. A couple of months later, however, they had the opportunity to buy a better car for a cheaper price, so they sold the vocho and bought the other car. Well, someone broke into the vocho and stole the new seats from the new owner. They left coke cartons instead of the seats. How thoughtful, huh?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Carole,

That sucks. I hate it when someone breaks into my place and steals. I'm sure these thieves haven't a clue, but you worked and earned everything they want to steal from you. I say we need to have public whippings!

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I know the feeling, Carole. It sucks. I had someone break into my car when I was about 18 or so. They stole my stereo and all of my CDs. In their efforts to take my things, they ripped my dash to pieces. Did $1500 worth of damage for a CD player that cost $300 tops. I suspected one of my next-door neighbors or any of their friends, but the police didn't even try to take any fingerprints, so nobody got in trouble for it.

That's okay because my cousin heard about it and beat the snot of one of his own friends over it. Then my next-door neighbor calls him and asks my cousin if he's mad at him. It was a mess.

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you figure it out, will you let me know?
I was talking with a friend a while back and the subject of fingerprinting cars came up (he's a sheriff.) Usually they don't fingerprint cars because it is near to impossible to lift viable prints from the car (usually it's the dash), unless you keep it spit-spot shiny new. He said they do it if the victim insists, but that it is typically a waste of time and just creates a mess in the car. In your case Carole, perhaps the dispatcher didn't understand that the fingerprints were so clear and on the door.

I hope they catch the guy who did this!

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I hope you and your hubby get a chance at the thief first. Leave enough for law enforcement to convict. If you don't they tend to get annoyed.

Hugs. Yep, tis happened to me.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So...

Did you finish the bath? Such a shame to waste a good one.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Carole,

Sorry to hear about the break-in! Grrrr!

Our car window was smashed once so the thieves could make off with 2 carseats and a diaper bag. Go figure.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Oh, this happened to me once. It sucks rocks through a bendy straw.

If you'd like a little car-protectin' mojo, let me know.

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Rotten luck, Carole. I hope they get the bugger.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
It's just nauseating, you know. Someone decided that the stuff hubby literally sweated and bled to buy needed to belong to them instead. I asked him to get rid of everything today while I was at work. They dumped out my makeup and rummaged through it. eeww. I couldn't think about ever touching it again. disgusting. They rummaged through everything. Broke the dashboard and left it laying in the front seat. It just makes me want to cry. Sure it will all be replaced, but the one place you should be able to let your guard down and be comfortable - your home - is the one place I feel the least comfortable.

Have you ever had just one of THOSE weeks? The kind that make you want to go back to bed, wake up and have it be Monday all over again? Well, this was definitely one of those weeks.

On Tuesday one of hubby's co-workers, Little Mikey, fell and was killed at work. He was just a boy. 22 years old. At the top of a 360 foot cell tower working like all of them do. He was doing something he did 100 times a day - unhooking from one spot on the tower and hooking off to the next as he moved around. His hook didn't catch, but he was so used to doing it that he didn't even notice, or at least that is what the theory is. He sat down into his belt and fell 360 feet. He bounced off pipes and antennas and all sorts of steel all the way down until he landed on a fence with razor wire around the top and finally fell onto the ground off the fence. You just can't make this sh!t up, you know? Unbelievable. There were two other guys on the tower at lower levels. One of them almost grabbed him. He was just out of reach. Of course he keeps thinking that if he could have got a hand on him he could have saved him. Funny what the mind does to you.

It's amazing, really. Lightning (Chris), one of the guys who was on the ground when it happened, called 911 of course. He went over to him to be able to give the operator the details she needed. He says that little Mikey, or Mumbles, as the guys called him - he didn't hear very well - looked like he just fell asleep there. No marks on his face. Just a trickle of blood at his mouth. The EMTs arrived and had a heartbeat for about a minute or so. Then he was gone.

So tonight, after dealing with insurance companies and cops all day, hubby is at the wake/viewing of a 22 year old boy who fell to his death doing his job. It makes me want to stand out in the middle of the parking lot and scream WHAT NOW?!?!

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Carole,

Hmmm...my first impression was "how depressing" and I can't imagine this life. I can and do understand that life can be skewed toward chaos at times. But I couldn't imagine living what you've gone through these past months...years...and I am grateful.

Yeah, I know that sucks for me to say it. But I'm charmed and have a very comfortable life now. I don't have all the family issues, ex-something wives or husbands belittle my kids, or issues that would cause me to lose sleep at night.

I am by no means trying to diminish your life crisis, so don't think that's my message.

My thoughts are "oh wow" and "what more can happen to poor Carole?".

I do wish you the best, good fortunes, and hopefully life will settle down so you can enjoy the pleasures of just living...with a wonderful family, and friends!

Best wishes,

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, Carole, that really does bite and sure sorry that happened to you guys. Hope they catch him or her. Terrible that people do that... :Hug2:

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I think I get your message, Spooky. Thing is, My life really isn't bad. It has tremendous highs and as a result it also has deep lows. Definitely not average or boring, to be sure. It seems like it's when we are riding one of those highs that the bottom drops out and by comparison it's really awful.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Carole said:
I think I get your message, Spooky. Thing is, My life really isn't bad. It has tremendous highs and as a result it also has deep lows. Definitely not average or boring, to be sure. It seems like it's when we are riding one of those highs that the bottom drops out and by comparison it's really awful.
Hey Carole, I do follow your adventures and believe me "I'm awed!" at what you've gone through in just one month.

I wish my advice was more helpful, but goodness woman! You're living a ride down the colorado of life and it must be envigorating.

I am so not down on your adventures, honest, I just don't know what to say.

Err...writers blockage 101...take pill, poop, and finish story.

Status
Not open for further replies.