I got farked

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
I figured out how to get lots of people to visit your blog . One of my posts got linked on the front page of fark.com tonight. I took this screenshot of my stats two hours after it was listed:

stats.jpg

I should've enabled those adsense things. Holy cow. It'll stay up on the front page until late tomorrow.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Wow. Just, Wow!

Read the blog, read Fark, found your link, read your blog some more.

Wow. And I agree about those BooBahs. Makes me very happy I'm not sitting around with the kiddies watching this stuff again. I had my fill of it from the mid-80's to early 90's when the youngest one finally went off to school.

Insomnicole

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome!

Several years back, something I posted to my online journal got linked from MetaFilter. That too caused a huge bump in traffic.

SeanDSchaffer

Cool, Navigator!

One question: What is this Fark thing you're referring to? What's it about?

mdin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
I got listed on AOL's viral links, and I've had about 5,000 hits from them in the past five hours. I've had 42,000 or so from Fark and another 3,000 from hundreds of blogs, message boards, and other things.

mdin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Oh, I submitted it myself. But I never thought it'd get listed. Like the last fifty things I sent got rejected.

I'm getting hits from all sorts of places. I've had 61,000 unique visitors so far today. It's kind of sad my personal website has been up for three years now and hasn't had that many.

mdin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
bsolah said:
Do you think this would work if I used it publicize my book that's to be released on Lulu?

That's not really what fark is about, unless your book is about something crazy. You should spend some time on there and get a feel for it.

mdin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
I've been getting emails all morning and afternoon from people who've heard a couple different radio stations talking about it. The Bob and Sheri show, which is syndicated at about 50 stations talked about it for fifteen minutes this (friday) morning. You can listen to it here. Click "5/5/06 Friday hour four"

The whole thing is pretty surreal, plus she pronounced my last name right, which is a bonus. I ended up with 64,000 hits yesterday and almost 14,000 today.

mdin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
I guess they talk about it on Thursday too. Hour 4 12:20 minutes in. I haven't listened yet, but I will now.