Querying Around The Holidays?

LBrickell

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I sent out my Query Letter to two big-name agents, on 12/18, and 12/22, respectively.

Then, I read an interview with an agent that said querying around the holidays is actually bad form.

Is that industry-wide, or an issue with this particular agent? Did I squander my opportunity with these two agents? And if so, could/should I send them my query again in a month or two, assuming they ignored it around the holidays?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I sent out my Query Letter to two big-name agents, on 12/18, and 12/22, respectively.

Then, I read an interview with an agent that said querying around the holidays is actually bad form.

Can you share a link to that interview? Then we'll know exactly what the agent said, and so will be able to answer your question more thoroughly.

Is that industry-wide, or an issue with this particular agent? Did I squander my opportunity with these two agents? And if so, could/should I send them my query again in a month or two, assuming they ignored it around the holidays?

1) It's probably just this particular agent's opinion.

2) No, you didn't squander anything unless they say expressly that they'll delete any queries received during the holidays.

3) I wouldn't resend it. Consider it delivered.

And now go and read the thread linked to in the post above, as it might be of interest.