What Are You Doing New Year's...New Year's Eve?

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe it's much too early in the game
Ah, but I thought I'd ask you just the same
What are you doing New Year's
New Year's Eve?

Wonder whose arms will hold you good and tight
When it's exactly twelve o'clock that night
Welcoming in the New Year
New Year's Eve :partyguy:

Me? - Well, since Mr. Hunny is working, I'll watch "the ball drop" at midnight on TV, say a little prayer and go to sleep.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
We've gone out for sushi with our best friends every NYE for the last ten years or so.

We have reservations at our favorite place for 7:00.

Usually, I'm in bed well before midnight, but this year, I'm staying awake to watch 2016 BURN!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
My partner and I are going to his sister's cottage for the whole 3-day weekend...just to relax and spend some quiet time together after the madness of Christmas! We had Christmas Eve with my 3 brothers and their families and my kids and my grandkids. We had Boxing Day with his 6 siblings and their families. We are ready for US time. (-: I will be making a full-on turkey dinner with all the fixins on New Year's Eve...and we'll probably be asleep by 9 and miss the ball drop. (-; We might even go for a late night walk on the lake, just for the eerie weirdness of it...if the moon is bright enough.

This will be our 3rd New Year's Eve together...my magical life!

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Usually, I'm in bed well before midnight, but this year, I'm staying awake to watch 2016 BURN!

Good point! Besides, it might be the last one. Trumpocalypse and all.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Ladylove and I have a tradition of hanging out at the bar of the best restaurant in town and going crazy on the dessert menu.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, forgot to mention I'll put Black-eyed Peas in the crockpot and let them cook overnight in preparation for the (traditional) New Year's Day Dinner of peas + stewed tomatoes + rice + BBQ Ribs.

I think I'll make a Key Lime Cheesecake for dessert.

What? :Shrug:

Alcasgra

Registered
Reaction score
My BF and I will be cooking tom yam soup (pork spare ribs, tofu, mushrooms, sausages), drinking a bottle of sparkling soda (apple & peach) + eating a few slices of cakes. We have decided to buy different slices of cakes so that we get to try as many types as we can. LOL!

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Usually I treat it like a normal day and get to bed around 11. I am not a party person, after all.

This year I think I'll take my 2016 to the fire pit in my yard and burn this awful year in effigy. Might even toast marshmallows.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll offer a silent prayer of thanks for the end of 2016, go to sleep, then be woken up around midnight by the fireworks over Boston. I'll then get up, take Prowl out for a pee and go back to sleep.

Yeah, I'm a big, old bundle of fun.

quixoticameron

Registered
Reaction score
My friends are getting married on NYE actually! Judging by the amount of alcohol they've bought for the wedding, I think it's going to be a doozy...

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Watching fireworks on the river. They do fireworks here from two boats just offshore, so no matter where you stand, you get a front-row seat. It's the best!

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go to my daughter's house for a couple of hours. Drink some of SIL premium single malt scotch. Come home around ten.

MM

auzerais

I like puppies.
Registered
Reaction score
I have this really terrible superstition that has basically ruined my life, which is that whatever you are doing on NYE determines what you are doing in the new year. So I try to fit in a lot of stuff into the day. So far I've decided to start the day with a swim, then a jaunt to the coffee shop to write and doing some drawing. My wife wants a nature walk -- oftentimes we go to the beach -- and it's traditional for us to have crab for dinner because I hate black eyed peas. As of right now, I'm trying to decide whether we should have friends over for dinner or if it's too much work.

So essentially I'll be overstuffing the day and being a nervous wreck, which is more or less how I've lived the entirety of my life thus far.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We will share the evening with friends - hopefully with copious amounts of alcohol and food. But not too much because it's our son's birthday on New Year's Day and we have a second Christmas dinner, which I have to prepare. (It's a kinda bittersweet day as it's also my little sister's anniversary.)

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
People always say you shouldn't rush time because you're "shortening your life span,"

...But is it just me, or is anyone else in a hurry for the clock to strike midnight on December 31st?

This year has been a Female DAWG!!! :flag:- :cry:

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
We usually order a feast from the Chinese in the village. I imagine this year will be no different.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I will do the final performance of my current show, have a drink with fellow cast and company members, then go home to drink champagne and watch the ball drop with my husband.

And I will say "rabbit rabbit rabbit" for good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
People always say you shouldn't rush time because you're "shortening your life span,"

...But is it just me, or is anyone else in a hurry for the clock to strike midnight on December 31st?

This year has been a Female DAWG!!! :flag:- :cry:

It can't end fast enough for me, and just to make sure this year is as bad as it can be, an extra second is being added to it on NYE for Leap Year.

iszevthere

Registered
Reaction score
Hunkering down and waiting for it to be over. I'm a largely friendless shut-in. I do not want to be, but I engage in a lot of solitary activities and am painfully shy. Staying with family is not an option for a dozen reasons. I am also low-income and rely on public transit. Everything in Seattle is expensive, especially on NYE, and the buses stop running around midnight. They start up again around four in the morning if you're lucky. I seem grumpy, but am resigned and occasionally grim. I keep trying to change my circumstances.

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
Oh, forgot to mention I'll put Black-eyed Peas in the crockpot and let them cook overnight in preparation for the (traditional) New Year's Day Dinner of peas + stewed tomatoes + rice + BBQ Ribs.

I think I'll make a Key Lime Cheesecake for dessert.

What? :Shrug:

No greens?? Don't you want some folding money with that luck?

We're going to sleep early (cause it took most of a month to get on a day schedule), and doing the black eyed peas, spinach and turnip greens tomorrow.